Link URLs to share a single password

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Link URLs to share a single password

Postby Tom5Z » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:43 pm

There are some situations, especially within a large corporate infrastructure, where a user's primary login password is needed to view restricted web pages.

It would be nice if there was a way to keep all those URLs associated with a single password.

I currently have 7 very different locations that all use the same username and password. And of course, there are some standalone applications that also ask for this password, so I'm keen on getting a feature to more easily cut & paste this info outside of a browser.

Thanks!

-Tom
Tom5Z

Re: Link URLs to share a single password

Postby JoeSiegrist » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:36 pm

Are the 7 locations in the same domain? If so it should be handled well -- when you go to change your password you'll be prompted about other matching sites to also change.

If they're not in the same domain would making them domains equivalent be an option? Account Settings -> Equivalent Domains
JoeSiegrist

Re: Link URLs to share a single password

Postby Tom5Z » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:44 pm

There's just 2 domains: XYZ.com and XYZ.net, so equivalent domains will probably work.

This morning I changed my windows password - no way to change via web.

Now, autologin is failing because it's stil using the bad password. I manually autofill, then type the new password (unfortunately, I need to use this password from many locations and computers not controlled by me, so this is one of a handful I commit to memory), but LastPass seems to not recognize the change occurred, so there's no prompt asking if I've changed my password.

Any idea how to get LastPass to recognize that I've entered a new password for an existing user?

Thanks!
Tom5Z

Return to Feature Requests