Identities - Usage

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Identities - Usage

Postby lsmk » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:41 pm

I understand LP allows us to create 'Identities' to have different views of selected accounts. I have created a new identity called 'Classifieds' under identities and moved all my bank and creditcard accounts to have separate view. I really liked the feature of viewing my classified accouts as a separate view. LP also prompts me for master password whenever i tried to change between one identity to other. Thats good.

My expectation is that once i create a new identity and moved certain accounts to that, i don't want the same accounts to present under 'All'. In other words, an account should present in only one of these 'Identities'. In my example, i see my bank and CC accounts present under both 'Classifieds' and 'All' identities. I want them only under 'Classified' identity. I want an exclusive identity(or view) for my 'classified' identity.

Is it doable ? Or is it possible to suppress the identity called 'All' ?

Btw, once again my sincere thanks and appreciation for all your responses.
-lsmk
lsmk

Re: Identities - Usage

Postby JoeSiegrist » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:18 pm

It's not possible to suppress "all" -- but you can setup a security prompt on switching identities (Account Settings), so switching back to 'All' requires a password. Using that you could create the inverse: a 'normal' identity that you leave yourself in most of the time that doesn't have your classified accounts.

Joe
JoeSiegrist

Return to Feature Requests