Specify Browser to Launch for Specific Sites

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Specify Browser to Launch for Specific Sites

Postby thomasm516 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:56 pm

Some sites work best in Chrome, some work best in IE, some work best in Firefox, etc. I would like the ability to specify which browser to launch with each site. For example, if I click on my banking site, maybe LastPass launches Chrome. If I click on my training site, maybe LastPass launches IE. If the user does not specify a browser, then LastPass could open the site in the current browser.

It would be really handy if LastPass could detect the installed browsers and make them available in a drop-down list when editing a site.

--Tom
thomasm516

Re: Specify Browser to Launch for Specific Sites

Postby PJCwasHere » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:33 pm

Brilliant Tom... I was just looking for this feature! I have several sites that only work in IE and my preferred browser is Chrome by default. So I endorse your suggestion wholeheartedly!
PJCwasHere

Record BROWSER preference on LAUNCH

Postby PJCwasHere » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:42 pm

Some sites work best in Chrome, some work best in IE, some work best in Firefox, etc. I would like the ability to specify which browser to launch with each site. For example, if I click on my banking site, maybe LastPass launches IE. If I click on another site, maybe LastPass launches Chrome. If the user does not specify a browser, then LastPass could open the site in the current or default browser.

It would be good if LastPass could detect the browser it is in when saving site details to LastPass. Also have Browsers listed in the Site Details (with 'default' selected by default) and make a drop-down list of browsers available when editing a site.
PJCwasHere

Re: Specify Browser to Launch for Specific Sites

Postby cranem451 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:25 pm

I am running on a Windows PC and have been logging Into SoCalGas for over a year using Firefox.

A few days ago I could NOT log Into SoCalGas manually using the user-ID and Password with Firefox.

After getting a hold of Support for using the website and explained what was happening, I was told to use the Chrome Browser (which is on my PC).
They also said you CANNOT paste user-ID or password into their website. (Which is BS since LastPass works great in the Google Chrome browser)

So the only way to go online to SoCalGas, is NOT to use FireFox, so you need to another browser like Chrome. (Until they fix the website)

Add into Advances Settings so you can select the path to the Browser you NEED to use.
If you are already in that browser there is nothing you need to do.
If you are in another Browser like Firefox, it should launch Chrome "with LastPass add-in enabled".
Pass the information required to Log Into the site you selected in Firefox..
You should be able to verify that the user is logged into LastPass in the Firefox browser.
Or you can have them Log Into LastPass in the Chrome Browser (if they are NOT already logged Into LastPass in the Chrome Browser)
cranem451

Return to Feature Requests