LastPass to syncronize our bookmarks?

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

LastPass to syncronize our bookmarks?

Postby Benya » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:16 pm

Topic, i wish Lastpass could sync our bookmarks to our current browser automatically... it would be golden.

Thanks in advance
Benya

Re: LastPass to syncronize our bookmarks?

Postby jpenny84 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:29 am

LastPass had a service similar to what you were asking for, but it was shut down in 2018. Many browsers offer bookmark syncing across multiple devices using a common profile.
jpenny84

Postby Benya » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:23 pm

The problem is that Google Chrome is syncing without a password for the bookmarks.

I want my browser to have hidden bookmarks and when i enter password they get up, this would be easier to do with one masterpassword for lastpass and then it sync the damn bookmarks as well.
Benya

Postby jpenny84 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:03 pm

You are able to set a passphrase for Chrome sync: https://support.google.com/chrome/answe ... ktop&hl=en
jpenny84

Postby Benya » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:27 am

jpenny84 Wrote:You are able to set a passphrase for Chrome sync: https://support.google.com/chrome/answe ... ktop&hl=en

But it syncs automatically when i start chrome web browser... i want it to logout from the syncing when i close chrome web browser.
And also i have to log on two different things at this point hence my statement about bookmarks.
Benya

Postby davem872 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:00 pm

LastPass acquire XMarks which offered this feature, but as noted previously, it was shut down. I'd like to see something like this as well integrated into LastPass, especially for cross-browser purposes (e.g., bookmarks staying synced in Firefox, IE, Chrome, etc.).

There are some services like Diigo that allow this sort of browser-independent bookmarking but they operate outside of the normal browser bookmarking system.
davem872

Return to Feature Requests