Extra Security against the 'Export' option

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Extra Security against the 'Export' option

Postby ARobber » Sun May 12, 2019 6:33 pm

Hi A Robber here,

TL;DR: [FEATURE REQUEST: "Re-prompt for Master Password" - an additional checked option to "ask for password before Exporting" entire database.]

I realised that if someone turns away from their computer while my mate distracts them, that I can export their entire Last Pass account to a USB stick in under 20 seconds and they do not even know they have been compromised.

It would be made that little bit more difficult if in the "Re-prompt for Master Password" section you added a seperate option to re-prompt for Export.

the reason being, most people I know leave their LPass open for convenience while working, and set the Re-prompt not to ask again for 24 hours. That is fine for basic work, but given how easily I can get at that Export function, then export their entire Database, and they not even know it has happened... not good.

That needs a little extra layer of security, dont you think.

:)
ARobber

Re: Extra Security against the 'Export' option

Postby jpenny84 » Sun May 12, 2019 7:43 pm

There already is a master password prompt when you attempt to export.
jpenny84

Postby ARobber » Mon May 13, 2019 3:34 am

incorrect. There is a master password prompt when you do other things, and then the Export feature is also then left open as a result. I am suggesting it is too important to be left open by default and should have its own checkable option because of the security risks, as I explained above.
ARobber

Postby User4535 » Tue May 28, 2019 11:33 am

I experience the same issue, this is a major security flaw, should be fixed ASAP.
User4535

Return to Feature Requests