As jas8522 mentioned, the keyboard shortcut does still exist
jas8522 Wrote:Go to the preferences in the Mac App and choose the Hotkeys tab. Click in the "Site Search" box and press all of your preferred keys to use. Click Save.
HOWEVER, the functionality did change in (at least) 2 ways:
- As swrobel and others mentioned, the ⌘C copy password keyboard shortcut no longer exists within the Site Search
- The Site Search hotkey only works when you are logged in to the app now. So if you have auto-logout set, you now have to manually log in to the app and then either search from the app or then launch the site search. Totally inefficient compared to the previous version of the app where if you were logged out, the hotkey still worked and just showed the log in screen so that you could log in and then once you did, it then displayed the site search all in one seamless workflow.
At least for issue #1, there is good news! You can still copy the password with the keyboard!
- Launch Site Search and search for your site
- Use the up/down arrow keys to highlight the site you want
- Use the left/right arrows to highlight the desired action, including Copy Password
- Press Enter to execute highlighted action
The second issue is a major pain in the a$$, though, and is a totally unacceptable change in behavior. Sure, I guess I could just leave the app logged in all the time so that anyone who happens to have access to my computer can just have access to my entire password vault, but that's obviously a completely ridiculous solution.