Using LastPass with other applications

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Using LastPass with other applications

Postby touko » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:04 am

First of all I would like to thank you for this fantastic product! I think it has really helped my life. :)

Then I would like to ask what are your future plans for Lastpass Pocket? Will it eventually develop to something like Keepass or PasswordSafe are as a desktop password manager with online synchronization capabilities?

I think it would be great to have more features in the Lastpass Pocket since there are still a couple of things where those traditional offline password managers excel. One of those are using the password manager to store passwords for other applications than web sites. For other applications you need to use the LastPass Pocket because I haven't found a way to simply copy a password to clipboard in the LastPass Vault. (Is this possible?) At the moment things are somewhat complicated with LastPass Pocket because you cannot for example add a new entry straight in the Lastpass Pocket. You have to login to your lastpass account with browser, navigate to settings, click add site, click yes to the nag screen that asks if you're sure and after that you can add a new entry.
touko

Re: Using LastPass with other applications

Postby JoeSiegrist » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:21 pm

We plan on extending pocket, and offering automatic fill-ins on your local PC too.

Joe
JoeSiegrist

Postby dthum » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:29 pm

Excellent. I would like to use LastPass for ALL of my passwords, not just those for web sites. I'm sick of having some at home and some at work.
dthum

Postby dthum » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:31 pm

i was also wondering if we could manually add passwords for web sites that don't automatically trigger LastPass to complete the forms. If you could at least get LastPass to recognize the web site and show a link that would take us directly to the Login info so we could login manually, that would be huge.
dthum

Postby dthum » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:33 pm

Just noticed this thread started with a specific reference to the Pocket version. I don't use this so I was referring to the PC desktop version in my comments above. Same plans for the desktop version? Approximately when?
dthum

Return to Feature Requests