Have I Been Pwned Integration?

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: Have I Been Pwned Integration?

Postby FlyingHawk » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:48 pm

ed811 Wrote:Do the security challenge and look at the results.. leaked passwords/sites will be emailed by lastpass to you.
That looks like the same functionality.

There are long posts in this thread that discuss in details why this isn't the same functionality at all.
FlyingHawk

Postby Adam1V » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:04 pm

Also noticed google are rolling this feature into a Chrome Extension, last Pass are really falling behind now.
https://www.blog.google/technology/safe ... rotection/

c'mon guys, I so really like Last Pass!
Adam1V

Postby equinox » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:08 pm

Firefox Monitor is also implementing HIBP functionality.
equinox

Postby Protopia » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:04 pm

+1 for this (or +10 if that is allowed)

Google chrome has just added this. And there is no better place to check than a password manager!
Protopia

Postby bat » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:06 pm

My main desire is for integration of checks by haveibeenpwned too.
bat

Postby gacpac778 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:37 pm

It's the same to me.

Today I checked the tool and it doesn't tell you anything. Just that my email has been used at different breaches. But how would I know which password was if there's no website but COLLECTION 1 breach

Where can we submit a ticket for this to be taken into consideration.
gacpac778

Postby smratsky » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:42 pm

YES!! Please, please, PLEASE add this feature, lastpass team. I see this is critically important to maintaining the security of my online accounts (and those of my family). It wouldn't be a major issue to set this up - HIBP already provides an API, and it's possible to query the database without sending passes in the clear i.e. as a hash. I suspect it might be possible to negotiate a deal with Troy given the number of requests that would be hitting his servers were this to happen.

I'm pretty unimpressed with the existing LP feature of this nature. It doesn't provide any directly actionable info.

I've been an evangelist of the LP brand/service for a long time now - I've convinced a number of people to sign up to your paid service after telling them you're always on the ball and continually updating your software. Please don't make a fool of me.
smratsky

Postby gacpac778 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:50 am

Please like this tweet. So they can see that we need this feature. We are missing big time.

https://twitter.com/GuilleCastillo/stat ... 8658974720
gacpac778

Postby PXAbstraction » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:06 pm

I'd like to throw my vote in for this as well. This is a very useful feature that some competing products are already using.
PXAbstraction

Postby bcho85742 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:21 am

I too want this enabled badly - I almost thought about switching to 1pass as their free version didn't vex me at all from when they first came out. Plus they have export feature so it's not like you have to go through every single entry one.at.a.time. Figured paid version would just unlock more features, akin to LP. LP will continue to have my money if they integrate HIBP, and for now I had the auto sub canceled and will wait until my sub expires to see if they have HIBP integrated.
bcho85742

Previous

Return to Feature Requests