Have I Been Pwned Integration?

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: Have I Been Pwned Integration?

Postby atom058 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:58 am

After the Collection #1 breach (and others), this is really becoming a critical feature to implement. Like many others, I got hit by this breach as well, but I suspect that I have already fixed the issue, but there is no way to know for sure.

I have used Lastpass for quite some years now, but I am considering switching to 1Password to get this feature integrated.
atom058

Postby BTbk7xG4 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:04 am

Just wanted to +1 this suggestion. I feel like a sitting duck knowing that at least one of my passwords has been leaked, but I have no way of knowing which one without checking them all individually.
BTbk7xG4

Postby vjchopra922 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:47 am

Registered on the Forums to ask for this (yes, I got the email from HIBP too) - glad to see I've been beaten to it.
vjchopra922

Postby sineradix » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:08 am

I strongly support this feature request.

Integrating the HIPB API into the Security Challenge would allow me to check which sites have been compromised and confirm which passwords need to change. Without this information I need to either upload all my passwords one by one to the HIPB website, upload the passwords I'm most worried about to the HIBP website or change some/all my passwords every time I receive a breach notification. None of these options appeal, so I tend to do nothing.

The HIBP API anonymises the data and no passwords are uploaded to HIBP. Instead, partial hashes are used to determine which part of the database to download. This has already been implemented in 1Password, so I can't think of a reason not to add this feature to LastPass!
sineradix

Postby JenDav » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:15 am

Symo85 Wrote:absolutely!...read the blog post as well, 1Password has the integration, and I'll be moving there if LastPass doesn't get the feature...security is the only reason we use LastPass, and knowing what's been breached is a key to security.

Came here just to say this. Just read Troy Hunt's post on 1Password: https://www.troyhunt.com/the-773-millio ... ata-reach/

Makes a convincing argument. LastPass already scans for dupes - can it hook into HIBP's API to include this check as well? If I don't see an address on this, I'll probably move shortly.
JenDav

Postby mal5583 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:38 am

+1

I'd love to see this added to the security checker.
mal5583

Postby pxgamer » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:59 am

This would be great!
pxgamer

Postby trafsta » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:45 am

I also logged in here just to say I want this integration too. It would be great to know which of my hundreds of lastpass saved random passwords appear in these pwned lists... individually checking each one takes way too long.
trafsta

Postby eschulma » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:54 am

I agree, I am an Enterprise user and this is a vital feature. I coded our corporate website to use this FREE HaveIBeenPwned integration four our customers in two days. LastPass could certainly do this.
eschulma

Postby craigl460 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:22 am

Registered to just add my support for this feature... Please make it happen
craigl460

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests