Add Login Third Field

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Add Login Third Field

Postby jwjb » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:28 pm

Just loving LastPass, but there is one additional feature that would really help.

That is, if there was a way to be able to add a third login field whenever "Add a site" was used since for some logins all three login fields are needed, i.e. the ability to add a third field such as: Organization ID to complement the two Login Name (Username, Email, etc) and Password fields that are currently available.

The "Organization ID", "Your Company Name", or some varient of that is required for quite a bit of the employee, employer, etc logins we need to do and it would be great to have the ability for LastPass to automatically populate this third field without having to manually copy-and-paste the value from the vault.

For example, we use Tsheets for time tracking and such and a third field "yourcompany" is required shown at https://app.tsheets.com/signin while for one of our projects an "Organization ID" is required like what can be seen at https://teachingtransitions.com/login/ with a lot of other sites needing this third field with various names which could make it hard on your end to add unless it was just generically named such as "Field One" which would enable additional fields in the future if needed.

That is, if there was some way this additional field could be added and then the user could "double click" to pull up the LastPass Chrome extension that would enable "Copy Field One" or some such name much like what we do when we use it to "Copy Username" and "Copy Password" it would definitely be a timesaver in using LastPass to populate this third field.
jwjb

Re: Add Login Third Field

Postby jpenny84 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:30 pm

jpenny84

Re: Add Login Third Field

Postby jwjb » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:37 pm

@jpenny84, That is so awesome and the directions worked flawlessly!

I did try and edit existing sites and was not able to do it even when this extra field was added, so I just added the site again by manually adding the site following the instructions and it worked right out of the box.

Thanks so much for your great assistance and it seems like I am always learning something new with LastPass since October 2012 when I first gave it a whirl and quickly found it indispensable.

Again, thanks for your help and you will save us countless minutes everyday when using LastPass which invariably will turn into hours and days of gained productivity over the long haul.

Happy Holidays!

John
jwjb

Return to Feature Requests