Custom Fields for Fill Forms

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Custom Fields for Fill Forms

Postby Icy Mt. » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:04 pm

This is probably more complicated than I think or else I need to RTFM a little better. Can you add the ability to customize the fields in a Fill Forms Profile?

If not, can you add some of the common fields as suggested by your users?

For example, many, many comment boxes ask for 3 fields: "author", "email", and "url". These are usually displayed as "Name", "Email", "Website". You have to look at the source to see the real tags. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get LastPass to fill non-standard entries.
Icy Mt.

Re: Custom Fields for Fill Forms

Postby JoeSiegrist » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:23 am

Icy Mt. Wrote:This is probably more complicated than I think or else I need to RTFM a little better. Can you add the ability to customize the fields in a Fill Forms Profile?

If not, can you add some of the common fields as suggested by your users?

For example, many, many comment boxes ask for 3 fields: "author", "email", and "url". These are usually displayed as "Name", "Email", "Website". You have to look at the source to see the real tags. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get LastPass to fill non-standard entries.

We will do this at some point -- most likely as a list that you setup and maintain yourself...

Joe
JoeSiegrist

Postby Icy Mt. » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:35 am

Excellent! Thank you for the answer. It is good to know I wasn't just missing something.
Icy Mt.

Postby Icy Mt. » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:07 pm

I just downloaded v1.37. I noticed that you implemented this in v1.36. Thank you so much. This is an awesome program. If I could find a donate button anywhere on your site, I'd give you some $$.
Icy Mt.

Postby pedroccda » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:20 am

Icy Mt. Wrote:I just downloaded v1.37. I noticed that you implemented this in v1.36. Thank you so much. This is an awesome program. If I could find a donate button anywhere on your site, I'd give you some $$.

I can't use this function. Can you help me? Where can I edit custom fields?

Thank you
pedroccda

Postby Icy Mt. » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:06 pm

Pedroccda,
First go to the site where you want to capture the custom fields. Fill in the information that you want to capture. Then go to:

TOOLS -> SAVE ALL ENTERED DATA

This will bring up the Edit Site Information window. There will be a message in the bottom right telling you how many fields you are saving. Edit the Name and Group the way you want and click OK to save. There will not be a USERNAME or PASSWORD in this entry unless these fields actually exist on the page.
EditSite1.png

Editing is the same as other sites. Drop down the SITES list and right click on the site and then click on EDIT to bring up the Edit Site Information window.
EditSite2.png

Click the EDIT FORM FIELDS to bring up your LASTPASS home page and you are all ready to go. Click UPDATE FIELDS and then SAVE.
EditSite3.png

I hope that helps. This is a killer app!
Icy Mt.

Postby Tom5Z » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:17 pm

OK, maybe I'm in too much of a RoboForm mindset, but it appears that custom form fields are site specific?

If I visit a.com and fill out a lengthy personal profile, and save it, then can I use that information (or a subset) at b.com?

And finally, it would be nice to have a hierarchical Form Fill profile, so that the top level could be my personal information, then I could create subforms for my credit cards and other custom information such as license numbers and organization member numbers, etc...

Currently, it appears I need to create several duplicate identities for each credit card, correct?

To keep a list of various numbers such as driver's, pilot, etc. I should probably create some safe notes?

Overall, I'm very impressed with how well this product is working for me so far, THANKS, and keep up the good work.
Tom5Z

Postby pedroccda » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:29 am

Tom5Z Wrote:OK, maybe I'm in too much of a RoboForm mindset, but it appears that custom form fields are site specific?

If I visit a.com and fill out a lengthy personal profile, and save it, then can I use that information (or a subset) at b.com?

And finally, it would be nice to have a hierarchical Form Fill profile, so that the top level could be my personal information, then I could create subforms for my credit cards and other custom information such as license numbers and organization member numbers, etc...

Currently, it appears I need to create several duplicate identities for each credit card, correct?

To keep a list of various numbers such as driver's, pilot, etc. I should probably create some safe notes?

Overall, I'm very impressed with how well this product is working for me so far, THANKS, and keep up the good work.

I agree...custom fields should be also at Fill Forms level...
pedroccda

Postby pedroccda » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:32 am

Icy Mt. Wrote:Pedroccda,
First go to the site where you want to capture the custom fields. Fill in the information that you want to capture. Then go to:

TOOLS -> SAVE ALL ENTERED DATA

This will bring up the Edit Site Information window. There will be a message in the bottom right telling you how many fields you are saving. Edit the Name and Group the way you want and click OK to save. There will not be a USERNAME or PASSWORD in this entry unless these fields actually exist on the page.
EditSite1.png

Editing is the same as other sites. Drop down the SITES list and right click on the site and then click on EDIT to bring up the Edit Site Information window.
EditSite2.png

Click the EDIT FORM FIELDS to bring up your LASTPASS home page and you are all ready to go. Click UPDATE FIELDS and then SAVE.
EditSite3.png

I hope that helps. This is a killer app!

I tried it on http://www.roboform.com/test.html but it doesn't work...it says "Number of fields saved: 11", but then going to edit the site I ca'nt find them....
pedroccda

Postby sameer » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:11 pm

Some good news on this: custom form field support was added to 1.40 - available at https://lastpass.com/
Please let us know if you find any issues with it.

sameer
sameer
Site Admin

Next

Return to Feature Requests