Alternate domains per Site

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Alternate domains per Site

Postby zaschu » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:25 pm

I would like to have the option to specify alternate (extra) domains per site. While I know there is an option to specify global, equivalent domains, this is not always sufficient.

For example, I have a corporate account that is integrated with Outlook online. That same account is associated with a variety of internal websites. I don't want to globally make outlook's domain the same as those internal websites because they are *only* equivalent for this one set of credentials. In all other cases, Outlook should be different than the internal sites.

I could maintain duplicate credentials for outlook and the other sites, but this becomes a hassle when a password changes since I would now need to update all related sites.

Since this is a very specific use-case, it seems to fit nicely under the "Advanced" section when editing a site.

Thank you!
zaschu

Re: Alternate domains per Site

Postby michaelwitten » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:18 pm

Agree, this could even be an option in the browser extension or even when you right click on the username or password field on a site. You could choose "login as.." and then can browse through your folders and find the site you want to use the credentials for.

At the moment for some sites that share logins, I have to find it in a list of sites and copy the username, then paste it into the field on the form, then do the same with the password.
michaelwitten

Postby MicDunDee » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:00 pm

Agreed! Yes. I know there is a way to do alternate domains from group policy... but the IDEAL scene is the user himself can enter multiple comma separated addresses in each site record itself.

This would also allow entering alternate IP addresses as well for internal resources, just in case you log in to a server by IP address instead of DNS address, and still get the autofill feature.
MicDunDee

Postby user10069473 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:38 pm

Ditto on this. My workplace runs its email/calendars through google apps, but also has its own domains that sync the same login. Policy requires frequent password changes, so LastPass is really useful... except that I keep having to update multiple sites on lastpass because it makes no sense to make google.com an equivalent domain to the others on a global level.
user10069473

Postby Glen216 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:52 pm

I am in the lending business in Canada and have 20-30 different suppliers and an office TEAM we have two brands under one URL
One of the technology suppliers to the industry serves two suppliers Bank-AAAA and Bank-BBBB they use the same portal to facilitate communication and documentation although with different use logins and pass words as they are totally different lenders. It appears that last pass can not distinguish these sub-domains... Is there a work around?
HTTPS://Sub-Bank-AAAA.URL-BrokerChannel. com
and
HTTPS://Sub-Bank-BBBB.URL-BrokerChannel. com

The URL-BrokerChannel. com is common between both sites --- I have not been able to get Last pass to distinguish between the the subdomain on this portal
Glen216

Return to Feature Requests