Please change the fonts!

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Please change the fonts!

Postby Derek651 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:24 pm

Hi, I've been using Last Pass for just a few days and find it's really useful, powerful, easy to use - I would recommend it to anyone.

But I've found one flaw. With the fonts in the My Vault sites/secure notes, if you look at your password, there is virtually no difference between a lower case "L", and an upper case "I". I've had to copy and paste the password into a DOS box to see the difference. I'm aware that the random password generator can be set to avoid similar-looking characters but I would prefer to have the full range of characters with more distinguishable fonts.

Keep up the good work,

Derek

(Just testing the boards fonts: lIlIlIlIlI 0O0O0O0O)
Derek651

Re: Please change the fonts!

Postby FlyingHawk » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:40 pm

The password field already uses special fonts that are suitable for distinguishing similar characters.
On Windows it's Consolas; on Mac it's Monaco.
It's reasonably clear which is which in this screenshot: https://imgur.com/xqiTWeg

What font are you seeing, and what do you have in mind that's better?
FlyingHawk

Postby Derek651 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:58 am

Sorry, I've just realised, it's not the password fields, it's the custom secure notes field. I've stored my Windows 10 logon password in a secure note text field, and it's almost impossible to distinguish between l and I.
Derek651

Postby Derek651 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:07 am

I see what I've done wrong now, I should have selected a password field instead of a text field for the password. :oops:

Many thanks for your response. :)
Derek651

Postby thaudone » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:27 pm

I'm on a Mac using the LastPass app. The font for the password field is NOT Monaco. It is some sort of San Serif font. Impossible to tell different between a capitol I (eye) and a lower case l (ell).
thaudone

Postby gabzeng957 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:56 am

I'm using Lastpass on both mac and windows, and it is definitely a San Serif font.
I use Consolas for my work and on windows (Firefox and Opera) its not that at all.
gabzeng957

Return to Feature Requests