Archive folder or some sort of archival system

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: Archive folder or some sort of archival system

Postby sc73 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:30 pm

I totally agree. I have a hard time deleting a site, even if the site doesn't exist. It would be nice to be able to archive sites. Even if all it does is send it to the trash, but without ever purging the site.
sc73

Postby kurtishansen » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:40 pm

Same. I've tried the "Active" identity and it's an inefficient work-around, not a real solution. Adding an Archive would be a great addition to LastPass and is really the only feature I feel it's missing.
kurtishansen

Postby outrigger999 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:21 pm

Yes, please provide a way to archive sites. Some sites actually go away to which you'd probably say just delete them but I'd like to maintain a record of the site and belonging to it without that site showing up as a password issue; since obviously in this case, I can't change the password on the site since it doesn't exist anymore.
outrigger999

Postby sc73 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:53 am

outrigger999 Wrote:Yes, please provide a way to archive sites. Some sites actually go away to which you'd probably say just delete them but I'd like to maintain a record of the site and belonging to it without that site showing up as a password issue; since obviously in this case, I can't change the password on the site since it doesn't exist anymore.

Exactly!
sc73

Postby jeffyh » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:42 am

+1 following.

I'm like the others here. I like to keep a record of sites that disappeared or just passwords for accounts that i'm trying to expire using the common 2 year activity widow companies seem to use. This tends to clutter the options i have for the field popups. Even an checkbox option under the "advanced" section to exclude from popup would be a good easy temporary solution.
jeffyh

Postby MaxTheGrey » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:11 am

+1
Searched all settings and did a web search for this exact thing just now. Adding my vote to this request. Create/allow and archive category and then block the archive category from "matching sites" and "search". This would be great.
MaxTheGrey

Postby jorgeluiso176 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:28 am

As time passes and I change focus there are sites I want to keep the info for legacy or project based focus. For example I have multiple gmail addresses and having to scroll through all of them every time I login is incredibly annoying. Since in my Lastpass there are accounts I don't access for years yet every day they clutter my window and I keep getting alert for weak or repeated passwords on harmless access or that the repeat is deliberate and intended. I too pay for the family account and have begun looking for better experiences.
jorgeluiso176

Postby otl » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:03 pm

I agree that we need a real archive feature.

I just tried setting up an Archive identity and found that I'd need to use another Default identity that I'd somehow have to add everything except the records that are in the Archive identity—which I saw no way to really do without manually cross referencing every single record that's in other identities. It'd be kind of a mess. Maybe for people with just a few passwords it would be fine but I have close to 700.

For now I'll just keep using the All view and deal with the annoyance of seeing passwords I'd rather archive.
otl

Re: Hide or Archive passwords

Postby otl » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:05 pm

I agree that we need a real archive feature.

I just tried setting up an Archive identity and found that I'd need to use another Default identity that I'd somehow have to add everything except the records that are in the Archive identity—which I saw no way to really do without manually cross referencing every single record that's in other identities. It'd be kind of a mess. Maybe for people with just a few passwords it would be fine but I have close to 700.

For now I'll just keep using the All view and deal with the annoyance of seeing passwords I'd rather archive.
otl

Previous

Return to Feature Requests