Over my Internet life (n im old as hell, so its a long one) I've accumulated a fair amount of login credentials and related sundries for quite a large amount of sites. I will likely never use them and I don't want them gone with no way to retrieve them. I want to keep them secured in Lastpass, n would prefer to not have a second security solution to store these entries. I don't want them clogging up my account, or popping up as a possible match for a site or service.
Currently there is no way to do this in a straightforward manner. Yes I can create custom notes and manually enter all the information, no I don't want to do that.
Please add a simple, easy, preferably one-click send-to integration Archive section for LastPass. Entries retain all original information and metadata, but they dont show up anywhere except when one goes into the Archives.
IMO this is not a super complicated feature to implement, the lazy way (which I hope they don't end up doing) can be done in a few hours, a good implementation with code review and testing can be done in a month.
- Archive section added as a top level entry on the LastPass menu (currently where Sites, Form Fills, Sharing Center, currently are)
- Add the ability to move any LastPass item (sites, form fills, notes, custom notes, whatever) to the Archive
- Add the ability to move any Archive item back to LastPass main sections
- Items stored in archive do not show anywhere besides when opening the Archive section
- Add option to search to include searching Archive (default would be off)
- All metadata for entries moved back and forth stay consistent, and do not change in any way.
If a LastPass employee reads this, I would appreciate a reply with your thoughts on feasibility, and likelihood of being implemented (im already aware its a very low chance anything from Feedback will make it into the program, but still id like your honest guesstimate)