Archive folder or some sort of archival system

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Archive folder or some sort of archival system

Postby Apenguinci » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:07 pm

Hi,

Over my Internet life (n im old as hell, so its a long one) I've accumulated a fair amount of login credentials and related sundries for quite a large amount of sites. I will likely never use them and I don't want them gone with no way to retrieve them. I want to keep them secured in Lastpass, n would prefer to not have a second security solution to store these entries. I don't want them clogging up my account, or popping up as a possible match for a site or service.

Currently there is no way to do this in a straightforward manner. Yes I can create custom notes and manually enter all the information, no I don't want to do that.

Please add a simple, easy, preferably one-click send-to integration Archive section for LastPass. Entries retain all original information and metadata, but they dont show up anywhere except when one goes into the Archives.

IMO this is not a super complicated feature to implement, the lazy way (which I hope they don't end up doing) can be done in a few hours, a good implementation with code review and testing can be done in a month.

Specifics:
- Archive section added as a top level entry on the LastPass menu (currently where Sites, Form Fills, Sharing Center, currently are)
- Add the ability to move any LastPass item (sites, form fills, notes, custom notes, whatever) to the Archive
- Add the ability to move any Archive item back to LastPass main sections
- Items stored in archive do not show anywhere besides when opening the Archive section
- Add option to search to include searching Archive (default would be off)
- All metadata for entries moved back and forth stay consistent, and do not change in any way.

If a LastPass employee reads this, I would appreciate a reply with your thoughts on feasibility, and likelihood of being implemented (im already aware its a very low chance anything from Feedback will make it into the program, but still id like your honest guesstimate)
Apenguinci

Re: Archive folder or some sort of archival system

Postby FlyingHawk » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:07 pm

You can use "identities" to achieve similar effect.

Put all your credentials into LastPass. Then create an identity named "Active". Put all your active/non-archived credentials into this identity. Switch to this "Active" identity for daily usage.
FlyingHawk

Postby brisdaz » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:37 pm

It's slow though: if you have a few hundred usernames and passwords to copy it across takes time. There is no select all or invert function which would make it easy to copy across most but not some username and passwords.
brisdaz

Postby FlyingHawk » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:04 pm

1. Select an item
2. Press and hold shift
3. Select another item many rows below it

Everything in-between would also be selected.
FlyingHawk

Postby KyleAnderson » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:32 pm

I think that Identities are more of a work around, since this would mean you would have to switch identities each time you log in to lastpass on a new device. This also means that the sites in the archive folder still get shown in the security challenge which is a problem if you want to ignore them and only maintain your active passwords.
KyleAnderson

Postby iburchett81 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:36 am

This is my #1 gripe with Lastpass right now .
I currently pay for a family account and multiple other users for a number of years but this the lack of ability to filter through a large number of accounts is infuriating to the point that I'm actively looking at alternatives.
(eg I have to maintain three business google accounts and two personal with a further 7 redundant business accounts that don't need checking (but one day I might). Every time I want to log in I have to scroll through a dialogue box to find out where in the random list my main account is that day).
iburchett81

Postby DavidBeav » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:55 pm

@iburchett81, your last comment is interesting... I had actually logged in to the Forum today to ask that they sort that list of accounts in something other than (random) order, and ran across this thread. I'll post that sort request separately.
DavidBeav

Postby sc73 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:30 pm

I totally agree. I have a hard time deleting a site, even if the site doesn't exist. It would be nice to be able to archive sites. Even if all it does is send it to the trash, but without ever purging the site.
sc73

Postby kurtishansen » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:40 pm

Same. I've tried the "Active" identity and it's an inefficient work-around, not a real solution. Adding an Archive would be a great addition to LastPass and is really the only feature I feel it's missing.
kurtishansen

Postby outrigger999 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:21 pm

Yes, please provide a way to archive sites. Some sites actually go away to which you'd probably say just delete them but I'd like to maintain a record of the site and belonging to it without that site showing up as a password issue; since obviously in this case, I can't change the password on the site since it doesn't exist anymore.
outrigger999

Next

Return to Feature Requests