Copy Password to clipboard in browser

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: Copy Password to clipboard in browser

Postby RandomEngy » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:24 pm

jpenny84 Wrote:If you are a Windows or Apple user, the binary component will give you copy and paste functionality.

https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass ... 0008#About

Had no idea you could do that. Thanks!
RandomEngy

Postby jmg1 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:03 pm

hi,
love most things about Lastpass. But this one sucks. I use Lastpass on Windows 10, IOS, and Android. I wish Lastpass would function the same on all platforms, PLEASE. I can copy a password by the Copy Password option in IOS why can't I do the same in Win 10. on Win 10 it is screwed up and they don't seem to care about fixing these issues. I stopped using the Browser Plugin early on on IOS when it did not seem to work cross platform and to confusing. I never get Lastpass to auto logon at all. The only thing I can do reliably is to copy and past a password in to a site. Lastpass for win 10 I have had problems getting it to generate a new password. some time it will work and others times it just does not work at all. Last pass works great in IOS, except for the Auto fill extension issue. in Win 10 I can't even figure out how to login with my finger print. I love this option on IOS I hate, hate, hate having to type my master pasword many times a day.
Please fix these issue Lastpass,
jmg1

Postby ddurdle566 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:06 am

I had to update my lastpass for chrome this morning. I can't believe someone thought it was a great idea removing this function in chrome. I used this feature all the time. It comes in handy while you are sharing your screen to quickly and securely grab your password to the clipboard to use to log into an application. Now I have to edit password -> show password (for everyone to see) and copy the shown password.

Great step backwards.
ddurdle566

Postby jpenny84 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:47 am

ddurdle566 Wrote:I had to update my lastpass for chrome this morning. I can't believe someone thought it was a great idea removing this function in chrome. I used this feature all the time. It comes in handy while you are sharing your screen to quickly and securely grab your password to the clipboard to use to log into an application. Now I have to edit password -> show password (for everyone to see) and copy the shown password.

Great step backwards.

The ability to copy a password has not been removed. There will now be a copy icon to the right of the site entry listing in the extension menu.
jpenny84

Postby bob649 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:21 am

Not being able to copy and paste from the browser is a deal breaker for me. It’s not that hard to add this..... don’t understand why it’s not there.
bob649

Postby charlesnextstep206 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:56 pm

this has been requested in 2016 until today 2019 there is no action this is becoming ridiculous. Why is this simple feature could not be implemented.
charlesnextstep206

Postby jpenny84 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:28 pm

charlesnextstep206 Wrote:this has been requested in 2016 until today 2019 there is no action this is becoming ridiculous. Why is this simple feature could not be implemented.

A copy option is likely not included in the web interface for security reasons. A simple JavaScript copy button could potentially be exploited by malware to capture an entire vault.

Considering that many people use the web interface on public or unfamiliar workstations, it's not an attack vector to take lightly
jpenny84

Postby zeroxcorbin138 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:22 pm

This needs to be instituted immediately.

How useless is your service without this feature. F'ing useless.
zeroxcorbin138

Postby jpenny84 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:54 pm

zeroxcorbin138 Wrote:This needs to be instituted immediately.

How useless is your service without this feature. F'ing useless.

The vast majority of users utilize the browser extensions, or mobile application. Both have had a copy feature for years. Again, the reason why the web interface doesn't have a copy option is for security reasons.
jpenny84

Previous

Return to Feature Requests