Copy Password to clipboard in browser

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: Copy Password to clipboard in browser

Postby taviandir » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:19 pm

I cannot stress the importance for how incredibly tedious it is to not have the "Copy password" option in the Firefox extension, which is a feature that already exists in the mobile app and Chrome extension. This is a simple functionality that would save people lots of time and frustration!!
I use Chrome at work, but Firefox at home, and it feels so crippling to not have this functionality when I'm at home and using Firefox.
taviandir

Postby jpenny84 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:33 pm

Windows and Mac Firefox users have had copy and paste functionality since November of 2017. They simply need to enable the binary component.

https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass ... 0008#About
jpenny84

Postby VanBCGuy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:55 pm

Similarly no easy password copy ability in the Safari browser LP extension on Mac. I'd definitely like this feature added.
VanBCGuy

Postby jpenny84 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:13 pm

VanBCGuy Wrote:Similarly no easy password copy ability in the Safari browser LP extension on Mac. I'd definitely like this feature added.

Your browser also needs the binary component for that feature.
jpenny84

Postby Rich4422 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:48 pm

Linux users don't have functional "copy/paste" feature to this day, even with binary component installed. Buttons are there, but they do nothing. Hope they'll solve it soon.
Rich4422

Postby graemetrigg364 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:03 am

Please can I add my voice to this ever-growing list of people requesting this. I run a team of people, most of whom do not have the ability to install the chrome app. The username and password copy and paste from a desktop browser is way too cumbersome - surely a right-click on the vault icon should generate a copy username and copy password option as the system does in Chrome if the Chrome Lastpass app is installed (which in itself is a bit odd in that you're unlikely to use that right-click functionality if you have the app installed anyway!).

Please please please......?

:-)
graemetrigg364

Postby gmasullo68 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:41 am

I have a MacBook Pro and use Safari, most of the extension do not work so I also have to use copy and past 80% or more of the time. I am adding my voice to what has already been said. Without the extensions LastPass is far too cumbersome to use. In addition, when you read all the reviews they never mention this issue which I find incredible!! When my subscription comes due I will look for another company. I was thinking of 1Password but I am not sure if they are any better. Also I find LassPass support to be absolutely terrible and this issue speaks for itself!!
gmasullo68

Postby RandomEngy » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:18 am

Yeah I'm using Firefox and I'd LOVE to see a copy password option. Sometimes it messes up and doesn't put the password in the form field correctly so I need to go fish it out manually and it is such a pain to find it, go edit reveal the password, select it and copy it. It would be nice to have a "copy password" icon in the "matching sites" list, or even just on the main menu if there is only one matching site.
RandomEngy

Postby gmasullo68 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:14 am

They fixed my issue with Safari not long after my first post, but it took them too long and poor communication. In addition, the copy/paste issue needs to be noticeably improved incase this ever happens again.
gmasullo68

Postby jpenny84 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:46 am

RandomEngy Wrote:Yeah I'm using Firefox and I'd LOVE to see a copy password option. Sometimes it messes up and doesn't put the password in the form field correctly so I need to go fish it out manually and it is such a pain to find it, go edit reveal the password, select it and copy it. It would be nice to have a "copy password" icon in the "matching sites" list, or even just on the main menu if there is only one matching site.

If you are a Windows or Apple user, the binary component will give you copy and paste functionality.

https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass ... 0008#About
jpenny84

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests