Common Password change - No Equivalent Domains

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Common Password change - No Equivalent Domains

Postby marty318 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:46 am

Many people have been asking for this feature in the forums. This is NOT solved by equivalent domains.

I have an LDAP LAN password that is used for dozens of sites within the corporate domains. However, there are other sites also within the same domains that do not use the LDAP ID or password.

Every month when the password needs to be updated, I would like a quick way to have identified these site by a group code or something and change it once.

Now that LastPass has decided to double the price, at least you can do is start listening to user requests.
marty318

Re: Common Password change - No Equivalent Domains

Postby qjensen727 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:39 pm

I would like to second this request. I'm in the same boat - some of our internal sites use LDAP, some use OAM and some use custom authentication. It would be great to be able to group sites together in some way to ease password management. It would be even better if this feature could be used like equivalent domains, allowing every site in the group to be auto-filled with the same username and password.
qjensen727

Postby jliedy » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:21 pm

Big +1 here. As a system admin, I've got several dozen applications and sites I maintain and I try to have as many of these systems authenticating from our AD domain. Having to update several dozen account entries every 60 days (due to the security office requiring password changes) just to have autofill working is a bit much. I would *StarryHeartLoveIt* if there was a way to have multiple URL entries in a single config or some other mechanism to link multiple account entries together to share a single password.
jliedy

Postby Timan » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:36 am

Same here. Need an ability to link same password for several urls. I know about `Equivalent Domains` feature, but it's not the same, as for me. I need it per-entry level.
Thanks
Timan

Postby hctus » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:06 am

+1
Do any competing products offer this feature?
hctus

Postby igitur » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:51 am

Same problem here.

For the record (using dummy domains to illustrate the problem). I have 2 domains set up as equivalent domains:
https://imgur.com/N6MdMXg

When I update a password on one of them, I get this LastPass prompt:
https://imgur.com/LM9NWJ4

I can select only one of those options. Because they are set up as equivalent domains, I would have expected to be able to update all the other domains simultaneously.
igitur

Return to Feature Requests