Save preferences to account or import/export them

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Save preferences to account or import/export them

Postby mt100293 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:49 am

It would be nice if the preferences in LastPass could be saved to the account so I don't have to set them up on each computer. Even the ability to export them and then import them would be nice.
mt100293

Re: Save preferences to account or import/export them

Postby davidmoksha » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:42 pm

+1

When I install lastpass on a new computer (or install a new browser) then, the first time I log in to lastpass, I want some my settings to be imported. In particular:
- auto logout
- list view
- show sites in folders
- do not overwrite fields that are already filled

I realize that it would be a difficult problem to decide how to synchronize existing settings on different computers. And some people may prefer different settings on different computers (e.g. auto logout).

And sometimes different people will log into LastPass on the same computer + browser; then are we going by a user's preference or the browser's preference?

But for the most impact, I think there will be a greater number of people who just want to be able to import their "standard" settings into a new browser on first run.
(of course that means one needs a way to know / save / export the "standard" settings)

Another way to go about this would be to have, in "account settings", an option to override certain browser-based preferences.
davidmoksha

Re: Save preferences to account or import/export them

Postby Krao » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:23 am

+1, this is the most unfriendly thing in Lastpass.
I use it for several years now and still forget to set my setting at the first install.
For me, the auto logout settings are very important and I would like to replicate it on all of my computers when I install them.

A simple solution would be to have "default plugins settings" that can be set on the account parameters and that are used at the first login.

Plus, as a family manager, it would be nice to be able to set the default intall parameters for others family members who are less friendly with IT.

Hope that this feature will arrived.
Krao

Return to Feature Requests