In Search of Mobipass Replacement

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

In Search of Mobipass Replacement

Postby jeremyj » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:29 am

I currently use Icom Consulting's Mobipass (http://www.mobipassword.com/) and have 6 or more years worth of unique website passwords, bank information, computer/router login information, software registration keys, car registration, driver's license, SSN, and much more. Unfortunately their team has stopped development and support from what I can tell (not responsive to emails, have not delivered on promises to support new handhelds, etc), and I'm now shopping around for another password/private data manager that will meet my long-term needs. I very much like the functionality, philosophy, direction, and commitment behind Lastpass. I would prefer to make a complete switch to Lastpass, in which case I'd need the following:

1. Import from Mobipass: Mobipass exports to CSV, but the secure information such as passwords does not seem to be legible in the output file. I dread the thought of manually entering all my data into LastPass.

2. Support for other data types: I liked that Mobipass offered different templates with specific fields for different type of information. For example, a "Credit Card" template had fields for CC#, PIN, SID, Exp Date, Customer Service Phone #; Software registration template had Vendor, Product, License #, Purchase date; Checking Account had Routing #, Acct #; and so forth. Right now the best I see in LP is that all this would have to be stored in Secure Notes.

3. Standalone Mobile App: The primary reason I selected Mobipass at the time is that they offered desktop & Palm apps that synced with one another. This was helpful when traveling as I could look up my passwords on my Palm device, especially when traveling. My first major disappointment in the product is when they failed to modify their WinMobile app to support the smaller display on my Treo 650. This is less of an issue with your web-based app, though I hope this is an option in the future.

I would very much appreciate the development team's feedback on (a) if these are planned features, and if not (b) suggested workarounds.

Thanks, and I applaud your efforts!

Jeremy
jeremyj

Re: In Search of Mobipass Replacement

Postby JoeSiegrist » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:34 pm

jeremyj Wrote: I very much like the functionality, philosophy, direction, and commitment behind Lastpass. I would prefer to make a complete switch to Lastpass, in which case I'd need the following:

1. Import from Mobipass: Mobipass exports to CSV, but the secure information such as passwords does not seem to be legible in the output file. I dread the thought of manually entering all my data into LastPass.

If you'll send an export format sample from Mobipass to support@lastpass.com (after removing/obscuring your personal data), we'll support importing from it.

jeremyj Wrote:2. Support for other data types: I liked that Mobipass offered different templates with specific fields for different type of information. For example, a "Credit Card" template had fields for CC#, PIN, SID, Exp Date, Customer Service Phone #; Software registration template had Vendor, Product, License #, Purchase date; Checking Account had Routing #, Acct #; and so forth. Right now the best I see in LP is that all this would have to be stored in Secure Notes.

We think form fill is a great place to store your credit cards (and we can add a Notes to this if needed); because once you do, you can use them to fill in data online automatically... Secure Notes would be the best for the other data types for now -- we'll look into expanding it's capability .

jeremyj Wrote:3. Standalone Mobile App: The primary reason I selected Mobipass at the time is that they offered desktop & Palm apps that synced with one another. This was helpful when traveling as I could look up my passwords on my Palm device, especially when traveling. My first major disappointment in the product is when they failed to modify their WinMobile app to support the smaller display on my Treo 650. This is less of an issue with your web-based app, though I hope this is an option in the future.

This is definitely planned for all major mobile platforms -- the mobile website is a placeholder to tide people over until we can do this.

Joe
JoeSiegrist

Re: In Search of Mobipass Replacement

Postby paulceaston » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:18 am

I'm glad to hear that development is being planned for all mobile platforms. I hope that this includes the Palm OS.

I'm using a Palm Treo 680 and can't get the mobile Website to work in Blazer (probably doesn't support AJAX), so even though I have migrated from Roboform to Lastpass and no longer have Roboform installed on my laptop, I kept the mobile version on my palm, so that I can access older secure notes on my phone, even if I'm out of coverage.

Not being able to access my data from my Treo is the only major problem with lastpass.
paulceaston

Return to Feature Requests