Remote Desktop Initialiser

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Remote Desktop Initialiser

Postby johngreen504 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:44 am

Hi All,

I've been using LastPass for years and have convinced our business that LastPass Teams would be ideal for our environment. One of the areas LastPass appears to lack is around being able to initiate Remote Desktop connections.We like to centralise management of Shared Secrets such of these so devised a workaround. We developed a locally hosted webpage which can be filled in by LastPass to initiate our Remote Desktop Sessions utilising a custom URL Provider 'rdp:'. The custom URL provider with the accompanying executables are installed using a small/deployable installation file (msi). The Custom URL Provider loads a console application which completes the Login Process on a Windows PC. It also allows us to encrypt passwords for temporary use by the RDP client locally.

We also followed Microsoft's standard for the Remote Desktop URI (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/window ... esktop-uri) so that LastPass can successfully select RDP connections from Android which is quite useful while on the go (* some limitations apply here).

If this is something you're interested in, I'll happily demo it. Ideally I'd like to see it as something baked into a future release of LastPass as I see this as a viable platform for initiating any requests (be it websites or other applications).
johngreen504

Re: Remote Desktop Initialiser

Postby mburgy40 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:31 pm

Hello!

We use LastPass for just about everything… EXCEPT RDP. We are a managed services provider, and we'd love to be able to hide passwords from our techs but still let them RDP into servers seamlessly. We are responsible for hundreds of servers, and being able to use an existing RDP shortcut and just pass the creds through is our unicorn. Does that sound like what you're doing?
mburgy40

Return to Feature Requests