Edit Site name upon creation

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Edit Site name upon creation

Postby needthisfeature » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:03 pm

When you go to a new website and try to add a new Site to Last Pass there is a little pop up in the upper right hand corner that suggest the username, password and URL. You can also click advanced and select the correct folder the site should be in.

The PROBLEM is that LastPass suggests a Name based on the url and there is no way to correct it or edit the Name right there when the Site is being created. This is a bad change from previous version! Last Pass USED to let you name the Site whatever you wanted right on the spot.

Now you have to save it, then go back in your vault, find the site, edit it... it's a real time waster and nuisance.

Can Last Pass, just enable us to edit the Site Name when it's being created or just name the Site whatever we want, upon creation?
For example this URL: https://www.foragentsonly.com/login/ Should really be called Progressive. But Last Pass calls it Foragentsonly and then you can't find it.
Same thing with this site: https://www.wbconnect.com/my.policy last pass calls it wbconnect and it should be called West Bend. So again, you can't find it or quickly get to it. So you have to now go back to the vault and rename it.
needthisfeature

Re: Edit Site name upon creation

Postby spiderkingdemon913 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:45 am

A thousand times this. I've actually stopped using Lastpass because of this and am previewing alternatives.

As a technician who logs into the same sites with different credentials, it is ESSENTIAL to have the ability to edit the names as they're created. Adding the additional step of having to open the vault, search for the password you want to change and then edit the name is beyond absurd.
spiderkingdemon913

Postby HendeV » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:40 am

Totally agree!
HendeV

Postby vkapadia » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:20 pm

Yes please! I either have to accept a crappy name (I had one show up as secure.i-doxis.com or something like that, it actually is my electric utility SnoPUD) or go through the the vault. Even names that make sense, I'd much prefer to have a site show up as "American Express" than "americanexpress.com" in the vault.
vkapadia

Postby uscshaggy » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:14 pm

+1 for this feature
uscshaggy

Postby gderuiter116 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:59 am

This would be very useful.
gderuiter116

Postby lpuser1 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:34 am

Yes this should be implemented.

The current way, to go back and search among all logins on the same domain is quite tedious.
lpuser1

Edit Name when auto-adding new site

Postby metricmike » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:55 pm

The "Automatically Adding a Site" workflow at https://helpdesk.lastpass.com/adding-a-site/ does not provide for editing the name of a site.

This would be really useful for sites with multiple logins - like athenahealth.com or slack.com
metricmike

Postby bloomtown » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:01 am

I actually came to the forum just just now for the first time looking to post a feature request for this. Yes, it's literally the most annoying thing about Lastpass!!! Other than that it's a great bit of kit
bloomtown

Postby scalepass » Fri May 04, 2018 3:05 am

This is the worst. It's so simple, and so obvious. I've been waiting forever to switch from RoboForm which I've used for 5+ years... and this is the bane of my existence in terms of LastPass. So painful.
scalepass

Next

Return to Feature Requests