Default folder choice, Enterprise+Personal

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Default folder choice, Enterprise+Personal

Postby westek » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:32 pm

I am an Enterprise customer and also want our employees to be able to set a Default folder. The problem is actually due to privacy concerns.

As an Enterprise customer we have enterprise accounts for each of our employees. We have also instructed our employees to create a personal LastPass accounts and link it to their enterprise account. We want them to make secure passwords a daily practice in their professional and personal lives.

The problem is that when you are logged into your work account with your personal account linked, ANY new sites or Generated Passwords (which do not prompt for a folder) get saved into the default folder of the Enterprise Account. If this is a personal login site, then you have to move this item out of the Professional account default Folder into the preferred personal account folder, and this is where the privacy concern starts.

This issue with privacy concerns are if you are like us, in the Enterprise Corporate setup you can setup superuser accounts with the ability to view deleted items of the corporate users and also the ability to take over a separated corporate employee's account. Using this account,you also have the ability to recover deleted items and here is where the privacy concerns are.

When you move a site from the corporate account to a linked personal account the item being moved becomes a deleted item in the corporate account a recoverable by the superuser on that corporate account.

Their needs to be a way to prevent this from occurring by setting a default folder of the user's choosing.
westek

Re: Default folder choice, Enterprise+Personal

Postby bdgreen » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:01 pm

I'm in a similar situation. I'm a Premium user and would like to have all new logins saved to my shared folder by default so my spouse can use them also. As mentioned in other posts, without this feature, a manual step is required (and has to be remembered) to save the new login to the shared folder.

Any thoughts from LastPass on this one?
bdgreen

Postby ryaneaves » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:40 pm

I came here to say this. Any time a new password is added, it needs to ask which account to store it.
ryaneaves

Postby andrewkoransky2 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:48 pm

I agree... this is desperately needed. I have the Teams edition, and whenever I create a new password, it goes into my team/company account, not my personal. I have to remember to go in and change it every time. Very annoying. Two ways to solve... LastPass could ask you which account to store it in with a prompt, or a default folder (or "new entries folder") setting in the app's preferences would work as well (and probably be less intrusive).
andrewkoransky2

Postby dwatkins714 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:02 pm

+1.
We just purchased Teams, and having a personal account linked means that creating new PERSONAL site records goes into the Team first. I really don't want my bank passwords going to my coworkers.
dwatkins714

Postby ds59 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:01 am

Sigh, adding my voice to this chorus. @lastpass -- any response? Is this at least on the roadmap?
ds59

Postby chris889 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:19 pm

+1, this is both a personal annoyance (as a Premium and Enterprise account holder) and compromising for the employees I've had install this. Really an unfortunate default design decision.
chris889

Postby celly » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:00 am

+1, this is very needed option for those, who have personal and enterprise account
celly

Postby stan916 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:29 am

+1, pretty shocked that something that seems so fundamental and important has this major flaw and has been flagged more than a year ago. It's not even about personal vs work, it's about shared vs individual work accounts.
stan916

Postby vinnymac » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:55 am

Same here. I have both enterprise and personal and cannot believe this is not an option. I manually have to change the folder every time. If for whatever reason I forget, I could lose access to potentially critically vital information. What if my employer decides to remove access to that lastpass account? I would be SOL months after the fact realizing my passwords are lost and in the hands of another entity.
vinnymac

Next

Return to Feature Requests