Search by Password

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: Search by Password

Postby LPlongtimeuser » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:55 pm

If you use the export method you can make life easier by selecting all the data and copying it into a new Excel spreadsheet. Then select all the data in the spreadsheet and go to Data.Text to Columns. Select Delimited, then select Comma on the next screen. Click Finish. The column labels and data will be aligned and you can add a filter to find specific passwords for sites easily.

While the export method works, I'm also troubled at having a text file in the clear with all my passwords, so I quickly permanently deleted the file once I was done with it. And being as paranoid as I am, I made sure I was not on other web sites or using other connected apps when I downloaded it or used it. If you want to store the file, I highly recommend zipping it using AES 256 encryption with a strong password.

+1 for requesting built in functionality.
LPlongtimeuser

Postby pcoronaf » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:24 pm

I am also a premium user and would like this feature too
pcoronaf

Postby justluckyman » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:15 pm

Same here. The feature is needed. The export workaround is not a good and safe solution at all.
Another workaround that worked for me well: export from a Chrome extension. Then you don't need to save the file, it just shows the list in the browser. And the file is actually automatically saved on the disk (export.html), but it doesn't contain passwords, only some javascript.
justluckyman

Postby jaknudsen » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:58 am

How is this not a feature? Exporting all passwords in plain text is a potential security risk.
jaknudsen

Postby jaknudsen » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:41 am

In addition, I am an enterprise user, and we have a policy forbidding our users to export all logins. So this workaround will not work for us.
jaknudsen

Postby Haertz » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:07 pm

+1. That's a great feature for sure.
Haertz

Postby greg360 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:27 am

How is it not possible to search the entire lastpass database for all items that use a password? I have to do this on a weekly basis to change all of the passwords that are associated with multiple enterprise logins that all have the different URLs but share a common password because they all use the same server on the backend. You might ask, well why wouldn't you just have one entry in lastpass that lists multiple URLs for that login and password? Answer: Because lastpass does not support adding multiple URLs for the same login and password combination. This is another obvious feature that is missing from lastpass and needs to be added immediately.
greg360

Postby jpenny84 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:08 am

greg360 Wrote: You might ask, well why wouldn't you just have one entry in lastpass that lists multiple URLs for that login and password? Answer: Because lastpass does not support adding multiple URLs for the same login and password combination. This is another obvious feature that is missing from lastpass and needs to be added immediately.

Yes there is:

https://lastpass.com/support.php?cmd=showfaq&id=1256
jpenny84

Postby lawrencesmith138 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:10 pm

+1 for searching passwords
lawrencesmith138

Postby Wastapi » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:34 pm

In fact we should be able to search history as well. this would be a good hint to help find WHICH account was compromozed
Wastapi

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests