Disable auto save password option

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Disable auto save password option

Postby Xpyder » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:11 pm

I am an IT Administrator for my company so understandably I need to set and change a lot of passwords.

I need the option to disable autosaving logins, so I don't have to manually delete them from lastpass 5-10 times/day.
Xpyder

Re: Disable auto save password option

Postby anotheritguy » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:53 am

Hi, same problem here. Last update is causing me serious problems because Lastpass is "updating" my password everytime I change a password. Sometimes I don't notice it, and when I try to login again, I can't because Lastpass tried to be too smart. I think it's urgent you fix this, please.
anotheritguy

Postby naraht42521 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:41 pm

Please allow us the option to configure this behavior. LastPass is now frequently updating a site's password based on entry into fields which might not be a password, such as security questions. I always want to be able to confirm an update.
naraht42521

Postby tcsyring602 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:51 am

This 'feature' is really a pain. I am also an IT admin, I change and store alot of different passwords. I dont need lastpass to update passwords for me. Then when I actually need to login to an account I have stored in my vault, the password is wrong. There needs to be a way to turn this off, its such a pain I would consider canceling my premium subscription over it.
tcsyring602

Postby itaybia » Sat May 06, 2017 11:05 am

great! locked out of my bank account...
lastpass decided to save a new password although the site didn't allow it, leaving me without my actual password in lastpass. don't know why, but even the history doesn't have the real password it seems.
itaybia

Postby loisjefferson » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:49 pm

The must be a way to turn this feature off. This is a total deal breaker and is based on an outdated idea that passwords need to be regularly changed. If the user uses very strong passwords there is absolutely no need to keep changing the password unless there is a supplier side data breach, or Lastpass is breached. That's it. A well formed 20+ character password with special symbols does not need to be changed.
loisjefferson

Postby randyrock » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:31 am

Also locked out of my bank account. Took me . 5 hours (three on the phone with the bank) before we finally figured out what happened.

AUTO PSW CHANGE MUST BE ELIMINATED OR BLOCKABLE>
randyrock

Postby rafsawicki » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:37 am

I just locked myself out of my OVH account, because lastpass has mistaken my email account password change for my OVH password. I've clicked UNDO on the pop-up but it didn't do anything. That's the last straw for me, I'm moving my passwords to Dashline. Keep wondering why people like me don't renew a paid subscription anymore.
rafsawicki

Return to Feature Requests