printing password list

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantie, robyn, JoeSiegrist

printing password list

Postby gizmo78 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:57 am

ok, I know you may be opposed to this philosophically, but now that I have plopped almost a hundred passwords into this thing I'd like to be able to print out a hard copy list and put it into my safety deposit box. (maybe you could let be select/de-select certain items I'm even queasy doing that with)

I can hack it now....export and then clean it up...but integrated support would be 'nice to have' (but certainly not at the top of the list).

keep up the good work...larry
gizmo78

Re: printing password list

Postby sameer » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:16 am

gizmo78 wrote: I'd like to be able to print out a hard copy....I can hack it now....export and then clean it up

Hi Larry,

We export on comma delimited format, so you should be able to import the result into excel
and tweek to your heart's content. (though i haven't tried this myself).
We also have LastPass Pocket (currently for Windows and Mac with Linux support being
released to our prebuild team sometime today) that allows you to export a backup
copy of your data in either unencrypted or encrypted format.
Lastly, we have store multiple backups of your encrypted data and are working
on a "rollback" feature for everyone - but it will probably be a few weeks before
this gets finished.

Thanks for the feedback,
sameer
sameer
Site Admin

Postby Chriz » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:53 am

The printing function should definitely exist ! I'm working in a company and we have to put the passwords in the main physical safe, so its a real pain to have to go through export and all. Those passwords belongs to the company and should be available whatever happens with the user personal password lists.

I don't think it's wise to block a feature that could weaken security due to lack of care from users, when it can be useful to the ones using it with care.

Thanks
Chriz

Postby jonat » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:29 am

Nothing is blocked. Simply export to a .csv file and print it. It's just a text file. You'll want to do a "secure erase" of the file once it is printed.
jonat

Postby Israel » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:27 am

Chriz wrote:The printing function should definitely exist ! I'm working in a company and we have to put the passwords in the main physical safe, so its a real pain to have to go through export and all. Those passwords belongs to the company and should be available whatever happens with the user personal password lists.

I don't think it's wise to block a feature that could weaken security due to lack of care from users, when it can be useful to the ones using it with care.

Thanks

Go to tools > print. The function does exist.
Israel
Site Admin

Return to Feature Requests