Multifactor authentication: need selector/priority list

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: Multifactor authentication: need selector/priority list

Postby premium » Fri May 11, 2018 11:10 pm

Dashlane supports choosing either Yubikey or authenticator app, such as Google Authenticator, selectable at login on their Chrome extension. I just tried this with their free Premium trial. Yubikey needs to be activated using their desktop app initially as a one-time setup. Check it out. Lastpass needs to support this.
premium

Postby hp197 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:51 am

+1 for having a 2FA selector
hp197

Postby stepdg » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:20 pm

+1

Agreed. I found this thread because I was looking for this exact option in settings. It shouldn't be either/or. Other sites and services ask me which one or allow me to switch depending on availability. I shouldn't have to "recover" my account to disable a multifactor option just to use the other. Please add this!
stepdg

Postby nathanhaywood » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:24 pm

+6 (since I'm a paying "Families" account :) ) this needs to be fixed. Google and Microsoft both do this already... Every MFA challenge should prompt you using your default method and also provide a "Use another method" option that let's you use any of your other already approved methoda.
nathanhaywood

Postby dramm » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:24 am

Not a definitive solution, but if I leave the Default Multifactor Option to "Choose Default" it uses Yubikey on desktop and Google Authenticator on my android phone
dramm

Postby aakelm442 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:30 am

+1 for having a 2FA selector.

If I lose my phone, I will have no way to get into LastPass, as I cannot complete 2FA. I'd like to be able to resort to the 'grid' method for 2FA if my phone is lost.

According to https://blog.lastpass.com/2013/05/what- ... hone.html/ there used to be a way to disable 2FA through an email. That no longer seems to be available.
aakelm442

Postby elorlova6923 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:19 am

When 2FA is on (yubikey), it is a requirement when the user logins from PC. However when a new tablet is registered, an email is sent and then the new device can login. Yubikeys cannot work on most mobile devices (mobile phones, tablets) however is there a way to put in place an extra authentication factor for new mobile devices? myprepaidcenter
elorlova6923

Previous

Return to Feature Requests