Multifactor authentication: need selector/priority list

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: Multifactor authentication: need selector/priority list

Postby whoeversaidthis » Fri May 05, 2017 4:53 pm

+1
Better MFA support indeed needed
whoeversaidthis

Postby scarby » Mon May 08, 2017 5:46 am

This really needs to happen - I'm actually considering alternatives to last-pass because of the lack of this feature. I usually use a yubikey - however its possible that i might leave it at home or just not have it with me for some reason, this is the reason i have the google auth app configured and with other sites i am able to change the 2fa device i use dynamically - with lastpass this means disabling yubikey and re-enrolling the device when i get back to it (extremely sub optimal). And what happens if i were to lose my phone after having needed to disable yubikey authentication?

Please put something in place!
scarby

Postby molly9 » Fri May 19, 2017 9:05 am

I concur with scarby, and have the same setup .... left the Yubikey at home ..... CAN use Google Authenticator but not able to choose at login. Please please put something in place !!
molly9

Postby Lee8766 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:20 pm

I also want the ability at login to choose which multifactor authentication to use without disabling my primary method.
Lee8766

Postby robin152 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:00 am

+1
I agree with scarby & molly9. Please add in the ability to be able to choose an alternative 2fa method if the default was not currently available. Like others, I have a single 2fa method and would like easily choose which one is to use when i Login. Disabling the default 2fa method shouldn't be the only option.
robin152

Postby neverEnough » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:37 pm

+1

This is needed.
neverEnough

Postby joe700 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:10 pm

+1 Aswell
joe700

Yubikey Neo woes: toggle among mfa options

Postby LinuxAndroidWindowsChromeFFoxUser » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:27 am

If I have more than 1 multifactor option enabled the choice is not presented to choose which one to use for login on a device.
I purchased premium because I bought a Yubikey Neo for its NFC support and compatibility for Android. I have a phone that supports NFC and I also have an Android tablet which does not have NFC. The idea was that I could use the Yubikey NEO on my phone with the NFC tapping to log in, its USB access for any computers, and an alternate mfa for my tablet.

Everything about this setup works until I need to log into Lastpass on the Android tablet. Since I cannot choose my alternate authenticator app for non-NFC device (nor does it have a standard USB port) I then have to change the default mfa option in Lastpass from my Yubikey to my other authenticator app just to log into Lastpass on my tablet- thus making both my Lastpass Premium purchase and the Yubikey purchase worthless. The other inconvenient option would be to routinely change my default MFA choice each time I need to log into Lastpass on my Android tablet.

Request:
Please give the option to choose which mfa to use when logging in on a device to Lastpass if more than one is enabled.

I am aware of this FAQ but it is not great https://lastpass.com/support.php?cmd=showfaq&id=5686

Someone else with same problem:
viewtopic.php?t=274285
another thread with same problem:
viewtopic.php?t=238515

viewtopic.php?t=253415

viewtopic.php?t=250945
LinuxAndroidWindowsChromeFFoxUser

Postby LinuxAndroidWindowsChromeFFoxUser » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:38 am

+1 I just posted a separate thread as well and then found this one. Also put in a ticket :/
viewtopic.php?t=287855
LinuxAndroidWindowsChromeFFoxUser

Postby jonwestuk » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:57 pm

+1 here also. If I have Yubikey and Authenticator then I would very much like to be able to switch between them on the prompt screen depending on which is easiest at hand. Seems like a fairly simple change and in-line with how other sites are using this type of feature e.g. microsoft offers phone; TXT or authenticator.
jonwestuk

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests