MacBook Pro 2016 TouchID Support

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: MacBook Pro 2016 TouchID Support

Postby took3n » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:05 am

please implement !!
took3n

Postby dharelick » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:48 pm

+1 Please.
dharelick

Postby Yourname » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:36 pm

Here we go again. I've been through this exact problem where LP doesn't respond nor update and I thought "never again"

And I'm back here finding out that I can't use my Macbook Pro's fingerprint reader to login to LP. Great.
Yourname

Postby AngryWombat » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:22 pm

So...Apple introduces MAcBook-equipped Touch ID interface in October of 2016.

It is now April of 2018. 1Password - a leading competitor - had MacBook TouchID support baked into their product shortly after Christmas 2016, I believe. TouchId works in all of my Mac Browsers with that program.

Is it possible that LogMeIn killed this product's development when they acquired LastPass?

P.S. - 1Password TouchID auth NEVER breaks on iPhone, yet LastPass TouchID logon crashes daily, requiring me to enter my MasterPass at least once a day.
AngryWombat

Postby Berlip » Thu May 10, 2018 12:46 am

This takes too long to be implemented. 1password has this already and biometric support should be a standard and not additional feature for password vaults. Has anybody tried the password database import with 1password?
Berlip

Postby UnaPatata » Thu May 24, 2018 7:36 am

Any update on this? Would be a great feature!
UnaPatata

Postby CarlosRoberts » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:33 am

In four more months, this blog will be 2 years old... And nothing yet :roll:
CarlosRoberts

Postby wodge » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:53 am

Hi,

I am using LastPass on a MacBook Pro 2017. Over the last few months, the touchID feature has been greyed out in Preferences.

It used to work in previous versions, so is a regression issue.

This was an extremely useful and secure feature as it prevented users having to re-enter their master password all the time, or, you can set it to not require the master password for 24 hours, which of course is a major vulnerability!

Please can we have some update on this?

I understand that other password solutions such as 1password offer this functionality. I am a full subscriber to Lastpass but am seriously considering changing unless this is resolved.

Warren Legg
wodge

Postby wodge » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:41 am

Hi all,

Further to my previous post, I checked the configuration on my Macbook Pro. I found that TouchID wasn't enabled in my system preferences (though it had previously been setup). Maybe this was disabled in some update of the OS. When I enabled this, I found that the checkbox was no longer greyed out in Lastpass, and I could select the flag. I did that and now can use my fingerprint to authenticate with lastPass on my Mac!

So, I apologise to Lastpass as I believe this was an issue on the Mac, not with their application.

Maybe it would be a good idea to put a message next to the greyed out box saying "TouchID is not currently configured for this Mac. Go to system preferences to setup". This would then advise what the issue is and point the user to the cause / resolution.

Hope this helps anyone having the same issue as me.

Warren Legg
wodge

Postby SmilingPolitely » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:08 am

The app does not integrate with the browser extensions, as far as I can see. This makes the user experience extremely clunky on MacOS w/ Touchbar. How is this still not a thing?

Will Touchbar support ever be added to the browser extensions?
SmilingPolitely

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests