Always delete login information when browser is closed

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Always delete login information when browser is closed

Postby kannan.ekanath » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:58 pm

I dont know how feasible it is. Here is what I did, I opened my browser (chrome) used the bookmarklet and logged in. Then I closed my browser and I assumed that I would have logged out of lastpass. But lo!, when I open my browser again the bookmarklets still have the login.

This can be potentially dangerous and by default I would expect lastpass to "delete cookies/bookkeeping data" it has when browser closes/crashes. You could have an option saying "keep lastpass login info when browser closes" so that users who are really lazy can enable it.

But for standard users I am sure, they wont want traces when they close their browsers. I did the same thing in gmail, yahoo etc. ie, login -> close browser -> go to url and they dont remember logins (unless you check the "Remember me") box. That box is off by default which is the right thing to do and I would expect lastpass to have same behaviour.

Thoughts?
kannan.ekanath

Re: Always delete login information when browser is closed

Postby JoeSiegrist » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:11 pm

kannan.ekanath Wrote:Thoughts?

We're considering this -- for now you can use the bookmarklet timeout setting in 'Settings'

Joe
JoeSiegrist

Return to Feature Requests