Support for Brave Browser?

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: Support for Brave Browser?

Postby jpenny84 » Tue May 28, 2019 4:15 pm

rogsonl Wrote:We should support brave, Gab, and other browsers which are open source and do not arbitrarily control who can/cannot talk, join, use. If it isn't ilegal, it should be allowed. Enough of "Editors" who are exempt from suits by those they edit out.
Since Gab and Brave share the same source, Supporting Brave would probably work for both. Please make it happen.

It has been happening for close to three years now.
jpenny84

Postby deenfoxx » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:17 am

For all those asking for Brave Browser support... it already works fine. Just link to the Chrome Webstore from Brave Browser and install... https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/lastpass
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/lastpass-free-password-ma/hdokiejnpimakedhajhdlcegeplioahd

I would recommend that LastPass at least TRY Brave and confirm that LastPass is working flawlessly otherwise it may make their company look bad if Brave doesn't fully support the LastPass extension, or it is being underhanded and stealing logins. Just saying... instead of just talking and waiting for enough people to want you to, just give one of your tech-guys an hour or two to test it out personally as it is so you can give an informed... we authorize, or we discourage, the use of LastPass on Brave Browser... or don't use it, Brave is up to no good (doubtful).
deenfoxx

Postby braveguy » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:03 am

Edit: double
Last edited by braveguy on Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
braveguy

Postby braveguy » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:05 am

I would love to see Windows Hello Fingerprint support within Brave for LastPass. This works beautifully in Chrome and I'm hoping for the same functionality in Brave. Even if I allow all fingerprinting, LastPass just does not get past the point where I click 'Update' to allow the fingerprint.

Let's get on it!
braveguy

Postby xbard850 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:04 pm

Another vote for brave. Lastpass was the first extension I looked for, alas I will have to switch password managers
xbard850

Postby BigGProductions » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:47 am

+1 Me too Brave browser support.
BigGProductions

Postby 5b55bdy » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:48 am

using brave browser click this link https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... egeplioahd

it's just a web search for and just is the lastpass chrome extension, installed and signed into email so far so good
5b55bdy

Postby catbus178 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:19 am

I have loaded the extension into Brave, but there's some sort of bug that keeps it from working. After I log in to LP, utilization goes up, and there's a Brave Helper task in Activity Monitor (Mac) that goes to 102% CPU and stays there until I kill it off. The extension never works properly.

I love Brave AND LP. Please support LP in Brave properly!
catbus178

Postby ks1805 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:55 am

Another vote for Brave support!!
ks1805

Postby schmitmd » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:34 pm

The one in the Chrome web store seems to work for Brave, BUT it doesn't seem to function as the lastpass "native browser extension," aka "binary component". This means that Basic Auth fields don't get filled properly (at least, for me). I hope LastPass chooses to extend support to this browser, as it's gaining support and users very quickly.
schmitmd

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests