Support for Brave Browser?

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Support for Brave Browser?

Postby alfinator » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:39 pm

Will there be support for the new Brave browser, and if so, when? Thanks.

Pax Christi,

Alfredo
alfinator

Re: Support for Brave Browser?

Postby jpenny84 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:32 pm

If the browser supports extensions and there's enough demand, then an extension will be developed. The browser on some platforms is based on Chromium, so you may be able to load the Chrome extension today.

I don't see this browser going far considering that it reportedly blocks ads and replaces them with ads from the browser manufacturer's supported advertising networks.
jpenny84

Postby AndreiVas » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:39 am

That is a joke, "we give you privacy and block adverts, then force you to view our adverts "......

If you want a browser that offers speed and privacy , gives the user much more control, you should try the SLIMJET BROWSER

That is Chromium based and uses extensions.
AndreiVas

Postby hollyf101 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:07 pm

There seems to be some confusion over how the Brave browser works -- it does not just replace all ads with its own. It only replaces ads that track you and adds that install malware. I've been using privacy badger, which does a similar thing, in Chrome and Firefox, and I'm really enjoying using a browser now where the functionality is integrated. The slimjet browser blocks *all* ads - which I do not want. I'm fine with ads, as long as they're not abusive, and it's only the abusive ones that Brave blocks.

Please integrate lastpass. 1Password is currently integrated, and I'm enjoying Brave so much I'm considering switching password managers for it.
hollyf101

Postby kdyp » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:45 pm

I echo the request for Brave support. The added scrutiny of the Brave browser by LastPass developers that would enable LastPass to properly secure logins is a good thing. A LastPass selection near to the 1Password choice would add some degree of trust. Also, LastPass should decide web browser support based on some standard other than that advertisers and trackers don't like the browser. And lastly, for me, LastPass should compete with all the other password security software if it is the best.
kdyp

Postby jpenny84 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:55 pm

Again, if there's sufficient demand to port over an extension, they will. It's impractical and resource wasting to support every browser fork that exists.
jpenny84

Postby Semblance » Sat May 07, 2016 5:51 pm

Another vote here for Brave support. I'm definitely making the transition.
Semblance

Postby earmountain » Mon May 09, 2016 2:53 pm

Another vote for Brave support.
earmountain

Postby otaciliofl » Thu May 12, 2016 8:19 am

Another vote for Brave support.
otaciliofl

Postby heinhuiz » Thu May 12, 2016 8:52 pm

+1

Hopefully, the decision makers at Lastpass have a broader scope than @jpenny84 has. The Brave browser is not just another fork by another 'hacker'. Brave tries to change the revenue models of the major advertising networks and content suppliers into a system that is not intrusive to the user, gives the adverting companies their share and lets the content providers earn what there readers/users grant them. Imho an idea that deserves to be tested, proposed by someone who's given us large parts of the internet as we experience it today.

There's plenty of articles and discussions on the net about this concept, both pro and con. Please read some of those before posting comments like "I don't see this browser going far because ...". Currently, I am using an ad blocker, because ads often are too intrusive, they sometimes endanger my system and often try to track me. I know that's not fair and why, but the current revenue model on the net is corrupt and needs to be replaced. Brave tries to do that and I'm willing to test their ideas. I'd expect Lastpass to support me in that by supporting the Brave browser. Their idea is close to Lastpass' roots. If they will not, I'll consider to leave Lastpass for 1password. With pain in my heart.
heinhuiz

Next

Return to Feature Requests