Custom Site icons

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Custom icon field

Postby tatsh » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:01 pm

Add a field we can fill in for an icon if the entry cannot have one. Accept an uploaded square image or base64 encoded text. In the iPhone app could do the same in the generator.

Example use case is iPhone apps that have no client facing website. These will not get an icon, which makes quick identification without text more difficult. I often use the URI
Code: Select All Code
appname://
for the URL just so I know what it is when I save it.

Another use case is if you have multiple Google accounts for different companies, and you want an easy way to identify them, rather than getting the same Google icon for all of them.
tatsh

Custom Site icons

Postby LjxPrime » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:44 am

Hi,
I find that LastPass just uses the favicon of the site URL as the icon of that item. But the problem is that sometimes a site doesn't have a favicon and LastPass just uses a default blank icon which is not easy to recognize. And I even find that sometimes LastPass will get a black (not blank) icon although the site actually has a custom one, for example this site http://www.wiz.cn/, or get the icon of LastPass itself although the site doesn't have one at all. In the Android app, there's a large circle outside the icon which indicates the icon is just too small. So I hope we can be allowed to set custom icons for each site and it'll be even better if LastPass can include some popular ones in the app.

Thanks,
Vincent
LjxPrime

Re: Custom Site icons

Postby jd502 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:05 pm

I agree. I'd like the ability to replace the icon associated with items with a custom icon that I upload.

For instance, I have several Google accounts, Their appearance in various places in LastPass is undifferentiated. It would be great to be able to have an add/edit icon feature in the "Edit Site" dialog of the LastPass Vault.

Please expedite. Thanks. :D
jd502

Postby Jules912 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:13 am

This would be a really good feature - would make managing sites much easier especially when you have multiple accounts for the same domain (e.g. google) or where an icon is not found for a site.
Jules912

Postby markds » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:26 pm

I vote for this feature also.
markds

Postby aviesolomon375 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:44 am

I vote for this also. Was just trying to figure out how to set the icons because some web pages offer an icon LastPass can use and some do not and it's irritating.
aviesolomon375

Postby Shep » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:14 am

Has the team at LastPass addressed this request? Seems so simple, and it is really all about improving the UX. Why are we still waiting for this?

:|
Shep

Postby j967zxc » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:42 pm

+1 as well.
I have noticed that sites with sub.domains that have no fav icon in the root domain never work. Very frustrating.
j967zxc

Postby cap742 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:47 am

+1 from me. The icon view only really makes sense if you have identifiably icons, not rows of grey boxes.
cap742

Postby dasman17 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:07 pm

This was one of the first features I looked for, and I was surprised that it was not supported.
dasman17

Next

Return to Feature Requests