New bookmarklet

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

New bookmarklet

Postby kannan.ekanath » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:42 am

I use chrome and that is the only browser that satisfies me. Infact I nearly rejected chrome just because of lastpass. Firefox is slow with add-ons and I had to come back to chrome. Here are my requests
1) In firefox addon when one presses Alt + W or something like that, we get all entries in a window. To me this is a killer feature. I dont even have to type weird urls on the browser for websites. So need a bookmarklet to perform something similar. Can this be done please?
2) The oform fill bookmarlet complains that that I dont have profiles when in reality I have them. Is it something I am missing? Am using chrome stable version (1.x) and lastpass bookmarklet dragged yesterday
kannan.ekanath

Re: New bookmarklet

Postby drew » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:55 pm

Are all your form fill profiles password-protected? Bookmarklets currently don't work with password-protected items. We'll update the message to mention this case.

Drew
drew

Postby kannan.ekanath » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:30 am

Hah...
Issue 2, You are right, I had password-protected it ...

Hope someone addresses issue 1 :)
kannan.ekanath

Postby JoeSiegrist » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:12 am

kannan.ekanath Wrote:Hah...
Issue 2, You are right, I had password-protected it ...

Hope someone addresses issue 1 :)

The issue with #1 is that we'd have to download and decrypt every name/group to show the menu each time you hit it, which would be potentially slow depending on how many accounts you have; the likely best path for bookmarklets for now is keeping a LastPass.com window open for that case.

Joe
JoeSiegrist

Postby kannan.ekanath » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:54 pm

JoeSiegrist,
Can I please ask why it is going to be difficult?. We have the login account details with the bookmarklet. All me asks is have another bookmarklet like "LastPass show all entries" which when you click just pulls down the entries that I have defined for my account. (I could click this on an empty window as well so that I can see all entries I have)

This might be even faster than "LastPass Fill" because there you have to decipher the groupname from the current url and present options. Here I am just asking for "show me all lastpass-entries I have".

I could certainly be wrong because you obviously know more than me when it comes to javascripts/bookmarklets. But just want to ensure that you understood it rightly. Can you please clarify?
kannan.ekanath

Postby JoeSiegrist » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:51 pm

It's not that it's difficult -- it's not -- our concern is that it'd be slow to decrypt all your data every time you wish to see this menu...

Joe
JoeSiegrist

Return to Feature Requests