Windows Hello Login

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: Windows Hello Login

Postby dransel » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:07 pm

Any updates as to whether Lastpass is working on Hello support?
dransel

Postby dan794 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:16 pm

Hmm first post was October, 2015...

Here we are 2 years later and not even a reply from LastPass regarding Windows Hello support.

Anyone at LastPass, are you going to add Windows Hello support?
dan794

Postby jmrlopez668 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:34 am

That's one of the reasons i left lastpass premium and are now working with True Key, i sure miss some lastpass features but it works with windows Hello and it's working fine.
jmrlopez668

Postby HendeV » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:43 am

Please LastPass Team, give us this option. It would make the life of my users so much better! :-)
HendeV

Postby Sportswagoneer » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:43 am

Just did my periodical google to see if Windows Hello was now enabled. At first I was happy to find a refference to the universal windows installer, downloaded that - but then I was truly let down that my Surface Pro 4 facial recognition camera is still unsupported....! I can't think of a more relevant feature for a password vault. Did find several tips for competitor apps. Will give you a few more months... Please fix!
Sportswagoneer

Postby jp782 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:30 am

We have already reported this feature to our development team for further as a feature request. Although I cannot give any ETA on the implementation, rest assured it was filed in.
jp782

Postby htfdx » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:26 am

Ohh, that's good jp782. Would love to login to Lastpass with my camera.

Cheers
htfdx

Postby leon99 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:34 am

To LastPass staff: just google it and see how many users are leaving you purely because of a lack of Windows Hello support: https://www.google.com/search?q=lastpass+windows+hello
leon99

Postby starwolf » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:25 pm

After some digging, I found a help page for using Windows Fingerprint Authentication. So Windows Hello biometric framework is supported for fingerprint authentication. The problem is, many new devices use biometric facial recognition instead of a fingerprint reader. Unfortunately, it seems LastPass does not support facial recognition. The problem is, users/customers have been left in the dark. As far as I can tell, there's no statement from LastPass clarifying this—even on the relevant help page linked above.
starwolf

Postby panda2134 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:52 am

It'll soon be 2020 now, but Windows Hello is still unsupported.
The current implementation using Windows Hello Biometric framework is a little faulty: When fingerprint auth is needed, only one of the enrolled fingers can be used to autheticate. Face unlock is also impossible. Sometimes the auth window do not auto-focus (unlike the native implemented Windows Hello window), adding to the inconvenience.
From where i stand, providing a WebAuthn-based (or something like that) is very important to users and can greatly improve the end-user experience. It also free user of installing the native app (just the browser extension is needed for windows hello), if you change the way of authecation.
Please don't let us users wait anymore, since it has been over 2 years. Thanks!
panda2134

Previous

Return to Feature Requests