Windows Hello Login

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Windows Hello Login

Postby jordan741 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:25 am

Alright, so Windows Hello is officially a "thing" and if Panos wasn't lying in his keynote address there is an API in windows that hooks into the security features of the new Skylake-based windows machines. Facial recognition (that can accurately distinguish between identical twins), fingerprint sensors (which have been around for a while), and - in the future - voice recognition (My voice is my passport; Verify me.)

Please (PLEASE) enable hooks into the Windows 10 OS to utilize the existing biometric for login to the app - at least as an option.

The first password manager which does this will get my next subscription renewal dollars.
jordan741

Re: Windows Hello Login

Postby rookbom » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:05 am

Yes, I second this request. This would really make such a big difference. I will also absolutely switch to whatever password manager first supports this. But I like LastPass, so please get on it. ;-)
rookbom

Postby jonat » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:49 pm

If I understand correctly, Windows Hello also requires a special kind of camera, either Intel RealSense or one with an IR sensor.
jonat

Postby alettyo » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:24 pm

I third this request.

To use facial recognition for Windows Hello, you need a special camera like RealSense or one with an IR sensor. You can also use a fingerprint scanner (like those found in certain Dell/Lenovo and the new Surface Pro keyboard) to authenticate. Basically Windows Hello is a framework for biometric authentication so as newer biometric sensors mature support will presumably be added; but the app doesn't have to worry about the specific sensor as they're interfacing with the Hello framework.
alettyo

Postby kaizen » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:19 am

Hi, I bought a laptop with Win 10 and it has a fingerprint reader (EgisTec ES603 Swipe Fingerprint Sensor). Driver is installed correctly and I can use the device to log in to Windows but it doesn't work for lastpass. I have the function enabled on lastpass as I use it on another older laptop which has some software where I could get it to work with various applications, like lastpass, itunes, etc. Do I need to install some software on this new laptop? I can't find anything on Egis Tec website, their fingerprint swipe sections seems to be broken. Simple language advice please :) Thanks.
kaizen

Postby aaronC » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:38 am

I have a SurfaceBook, would LOVE this, especially if it was baked into Lastpass For Applications (for enterprise users).
aaronC

Postby rlove21 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:36 am

+1 Windows Hello Support would be really valuable - I use Hello (via fingerprint scanner on one device and IR camera on another and it's a GAME CHANGER! - love the fast yet secure login.
(NB. also adding a request for good 'Edge' www browser support as soon as Microsoft update it and make their plugin technology available ;-)
rlove21

Postby unicron650 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:56 am

+1 Windows Hello support. Having switched over to it for logon authentication I am never going back.

There are going to be a lot of Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book users out there wanting this feature :)
unicron650

Postby briguy » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:37 am

Wanted to add my support for this as well. Just bought a Surface Pro 4, and Windows Hello works incredibly well with the camera. Really would love to see this support in LastPass.

Initially I was going to get the TypeCover that had the finger print reader so I could use with LastPass, but they were out of stock when I ordered my SP4 (and I'd rather have the teal keyboard than the charcoal anyway).

But after using Windows Hello, its a MUCH better solution for me. Reason is that most of the time when I'm in my office (or even away), I have the SP4 with the keyboard cover folded behind it, so I can write with the pen in OneNote. Thus, even if I had the fingerprint scanner on the keyboard, I couldn't use it.

With the camera and Windows Hello, no matter how the screen on the SP4 is positioned, it can see me and log me in. This will help to further one of Last Pass's goals (in my opinion) of making login to multiple locations both very secure as well as convenient.

Please add support for Windows Hello and the camera a high priority for LastPass! That would truly make it awesome.
briguy

Postby benzhou29865 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:35 pm

+1 just got new lumia 950 xl with Windows hello iris scanner support. My password is super long it would be great if I don't have to type it anymore, especially when it doesn't come with finger print scanner.
benzhou29865

Next

Return to Feature Requests