Auto-Login to all stored sites

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Auto-Login to all stored sites

Postby Kross » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:10 pm

Vote:

Auto-Login for all sites I've stored login/pass info for, as soon as I visit them.

I want to sit down at my computer, open firefox, enter my password LastPassPassword, and done.
Then when I go to any site that requires my login/pass info, it fills it out and logs me in. SOO easy and blows my mind that this is not a feature.

I realize I can go to the lastpass menu, then the bookmarks within that, but that sucks... I just want to go to any random site that I've stored my password for and it fills it in, and logs me in. This has GOT-TO-BE easy to implement with just a small option to turn it off in the OPTIONS.

- Kross
Kross

Re: Auto-Login to all stored sites

Postby Kross » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:53 pm

No response? tell me this is in the works?
Kross

Re: Auto-Login to all stored sites

Postby JoeSiegrist » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:26 pm

Kross Wrote:No response? tell me this is in the works?

Sorry we talked about this internally but didn't respond.

Our general thinking here is that we can add this as an advanced feature, with the option "Allow repeat auto-logins after a timeout of: " X seconds, with a value that has to be greater than 5 seconds to prevent login loops, and the default being ~45 seconds.

We hoping this prevents the two major problems that people will face which is looping, and not understanding how to logout (since it'll be off by default, and logouts will work the second time even if you don't know what's happening)...

Joe
JoeSiegrist

Return to Feature Requests