Firefox Multiprocess (e10) Discussion

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Firefox Multi-process

Postby skyldwulf » Tue May 26, 2015 8:53 pm

I am running Firefox Aurora 40.0a2 with multi-process enabled. When opening any new tab, LastPass does not correctly autofill. If you refresh the tab, LastPass will generally correctly autofill. If you open the same site a third time, data will not autofill, but you can force LastPass to autofill by using the LastPass menu. In addition, LastPass does not correctly identify matching sites when you open a new tab. Since multi-process will shortly become the new default for Firefox, this needs fixing ASAP.
skyldwulf

Re: Firefox Multi-process

Postby jpenny84 » Tue May 26, 2015 9:50 pm

skyldwulf Wrote:I am running Firefox Aurora 40.0a2 with multi-process enabled. When opening any new tab, LastPass does not correctly autofill. If you refresh the tab, LastPass will generally correctly autofill. If you open the same site a third time, data will not autofill, but you can force LastPass to autofill by using the LastPass menu. In addition, LastPass does not correctly identify matching sites when you open a new tab. Since multi-process will shortly become the new default for Firefox, this needs fixing ASAP.

LastPass currently only supports stable browser versions. You're always welcome to try the pre-build extensions.

https://www.lastpass.com/lpp
jpenny84

FireFox 64 Developer Edition

Postby Lcstyle » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:28 pm

Not sure if this is the right forum, but I am using Firefox 64 developer edition and they've a new paradigm for interacting with plugins and extensions, (aside from it being a 64 bit native browser).

I've installed latest version of lastpass plugin but it seems to not work right at all. Is there any work being done to support FireFox 64 bit in the future?

This is the exact browser I am speaking of: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/developer/
Lcstyle

Re: Newest FireFox Developer version

Postby chamood » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:57 pm

How do you turn off multiprocess command in lastpass.
chamood

Slows FF developer startup with e10s enabled

Postby pieter2627206 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:16 am

I enabled e10s (multi-processor) in my Firefox developer edition when it came out, and the next start-up of the browser it was really slow to load the previous session (taking quite a few minutes). I was able to find that LP was the reason for the slow startup, but only recently found that it is linked to when e10s is enabled. This means that I can have only one of the two enabled at any given time.

PS that my sessions can consist of close to a hundred tabs. One can see the tabs (their titles in the tab) load within a second when only one of the above is enabled, but takes about three seconds when both are enabled.
pieter2627206

Inconsistent Behavior with new Firefox multi-process model

Postby skyldwulf » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:25 pm

I am running Firefox Developer Edition 41.0a2 (2015-07-06). As of version 40.0a2, multi-process is enabled by default. In the future, this will become the standard in Firefox. Since I started running this version, LastPass autofill is working inconsistently. For most sites, the autofill function works correctly, but some do not. For example, on line banking login at SunTrust (https://onlinebanking.suntrust.com/UI/login#/) does not autofill, even if I use the Autofill option from the tool bar.
skyldwulf

Re: Inconsistent Behavior with new Firefox multi-process mod

Postby jpenny84 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:28 am

See Mozilla bug tracking thread regarding LastPass with multiprocess versions of Firefox: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1008768

There is a test extension for multiprocess variants of Firefox. It is available here: https://rodan.lastpass.com/dev/lp_e10s.xpi

Please report any issues with steps to reproduce and/or debug information to: feedback_firefox@lastpass.com

Again, I'm not a LastPass employee. I am a volunteer who also doubles as a moderator.
jpenny84

Plugin Container Freeze on Nightly with E10's

Postby Nidre » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:47 pm

Firefox Version : 42.0a1 (2015-07-25) 64bit, E10's enabled.
LastPass Version : 3.2.16a

How to reproduce:
1- Open a website to login.
2- Click on last-pass toolbar item.
3- Select show matching sites.
4- Select an entry.
5- Plugin container therefore whole Firefox UI freezes. Only way to fix it is either restarting browser by killing the process or directly killing the related PluginContainer process.

SS of steps: http://i.imgur.com/YwFpOIf.png
Above issue happens every single time. I believe it has started more or less 1-1.5 months ago.
Nidre

Re: Plugin Container Freeze on Nightly with E10's

Postby Nidre » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:55 pm

Just installed the lp_10s version mentioned in BugZilla and it seems to be working fine.
Nidre

Re: Firefox Multiprocess (e10) Discussion

Postby Cyprus » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:26 am

A few years has gone by, so maybe it's a good idea to look into it again?
From the Electolysis entry on the mzilla wiki.

Firefox Beta
If you're currently using Firefox Beta you might be testing e10s already, check about:support and look for a number higher than 0 in the "Multiprocess Windows" entry. If you would like to opt-in to help us test open about:config and toggle browser.tabs.remote.autostart to true. On your next restart, e10s should be active.
Firefox Release
If you're using Firefox 48 or later, you might be using e10s already. Check about:support and look for a number higher than 0 in the "Multiprocess Windows" entry. If you would like to opt-in, open about:config and toggle browser.tabs.remote.autostart to true. On your next restart, e10s should be active.

At least in my case, the about:support page says
Multiprocess Windows 0/2 (Disabled by add-ons)

And yes, LastPass is one of those add-ons. Considering this is a security (and performace) feature, one might think that LastPass, being in the same security business would only be to happy to support this feature, but so far it seems that has not been the case. What a shame.
Cyprus

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests