Firefox Multiprocess (e10) Discussion

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Firefox Multiprocess (e10) Discussion

Postby afzzrahman443 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:59 am

Yeah, I know, Multiprocess is very pre-Alpha for Firefox, but it would be still nice to start working early.

And like I said, Lastpass won't recognize the active site for multiprocess Firefox. It seems to think it's on a blank URL. I am using the Prebuild version, and that on has the same issue.
afzzrahman443

Re: Lastpass on Multiprocess Firefox- doesn't recognize site

Postby madhopsman » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:04 pm

Confirmed. This feature now ships with the stable version (though disabled by default). This would indicate this is close to being ready for the prime-time. However, it's the lack of support for this feature from AddIns like LastPass that make using this option impossible. Is there an ETA on when this will be supported?
madhopsman

Compatible with Mozilla Nightly e10s (multiprocess)

Postby nickb413 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:37 pm

Hi,

anyone else had issues with this? If LastPass is loaded new tabs will hang and eventually the whole browser will crash. If you disable LastPass it all works but that is just not feasible. Life without LastPass, not happening :-)

This is now offered on the new nightly builds and you can enable it in about:config and Firefox.

Nick
nickb413

Re: Compatible with Mozilla Nightly e10s (multiprocess)

Postby jpenny84 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:31 pm

LastPass technically does not support the development versions of browsers. You can forward any issues you are seeing to support if you wish.

https://lastpass.com/supportticket.php
jpenny84

Postby jnix » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:17 pm

I have the same problem on my Nexus. Is there any way to get rid of them?
jnix
jnix

Postby dmitrijLP » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:20 am

For best user experience it's always best to stick to the default/stable browser branch, unless you actually experience any issues and you know that they are fixed/addressed in a Beta/RC version.

Kind regards,
Dmitrij
dmitrijLP

Postby garyshap » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:22 pm

Mozilla is going to turn on e10s on Nightly in a few weeks according to a post they made. Any chance LP will be updated to support e10s by then?

You have always updated LP pretty quickly in the past when things changed on Nightly. One reason I switched from RoboForm to LP was the fact that RF refused to update their program for anything but the official release.

At least have a pre-build ready for those of us that like to use Nightly to help the Fx developers solve any bugs. This is the reason they are turning on e10s.
garyshap

Support for e10s in Firefox

Postby garyshap » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:49 pm

The Nightly build of Firefox is going to turn on e10s in a week or so. Is LastPass being reworked to support e10s? LP has always kept up with the Nightly builds when things changed that affected LP. It would be nice to have an LP pre-build for the e10s Nightly to test out.

Sidenote.... I have old posts that were never replied to by LP. They are all moot at this time, but it says a lot about your support. Even my emails don't get answered.
garyshap

Re: Support for e10s in Firefox

Postby jpenny84 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:01 pm

The best way to contact LastPass is to file a support ticket. They only officially support stable builds but you can forward issues with LastPass on your Alpha versions of Firefox to support.
jpenny84

Re: Support for e10s in Firefox

Postby garyshap » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:06 pm

I have opened other support tickets in the past and they never even replied to them. I'm sure they are still out there.
garyshap

Next

Return to Feature Requests