Add Stack Exchange equivalent domains

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Add Stack Exchange equivalent domains

Postby tatsh » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:56 pm

As of today:

stackoverflow.com,serverfault.com,superuser.com,askubuntu.com,stackapps.com,mathoverflow.net,stackexchange.com

Hopefully there will not be more in the future (I find these really unnecessary; subdomains would suffice but oh well).
tatsh

Re: Add Stack Exchange equivalent domains

Postby jpenny84 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:16 pm

jpenny84

Postby tatsh » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:50 pm

I know that. I am posting them here for others to use and for LastPass to add as default included. They are in the format the configuration input expects.
tatsh

Postby jpenny84 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:08 pm

If enough people report problems due to the domains not being equivalent by default, I'm sure that they will add it to the global list.
jpenny84

Postby NRamsey » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:12 pm

Agreed! Just googled it to find a list of the sites to copy-paste, and this was the first result. It's such a popular network of sites, that I'd hope this would be added.
NRamsey

Postby mike808137 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:28 am

NRamsey Wrote:It's such a popular network of sites, that I'd hope this would be added.
Hmm. That's strange. I've never heard of any of them so you must be mistaken as to their popularity. And my view of what makes a site popular is just as definitive as yours.

I do agree that there could be a better way for LastPass to create/integrate some sort of community/crowd-sourced global domain feed (or maybe a separate optional "community domain feed") that can be enabled.
Part of the problem is that I'm sure LastPass doesn't have the resources to track down all of the internet site mergers, partnerships, spinoffs, etc. The whole identity provider announce/notice/user-specified space is pretty much non-existent.
mike808137

Postby jaygo » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:49 pm

+1 for making these official / global!

@mike808137 while it sounds egalitarian to value everyone's view as equally accurate, in this case, your view seems less informed.
the Stack Exchange network has grown to include 149 different communities visited by over 105 million monthly unique visitors.

http://stackexchange.com/tour Great idea about a community domain feed... +1 for that as a solution for this feature request.
jaygo

Postby xcgvndcghdfgn » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:57 pm

I know this is a little old but...

"I've never heard of any of them so you must be mistaken as to their popularity. And my view of what makes a site popular is just as definitive as yours." - mike808137

LOL, stackoverflow.com, #46 (out of billions!) website in the world, but Mike's never heard of it so everyone's wrong? No, Mike, that is EXACTLY the opposite of what popularity means. Popularity doesn't care a bit about whether one guy likes it, it's the 100+ million visitors a month that makes it popular. You WERE being sarcastic, right Mike?
xcgvndcghdfgn

Return to Feature Requests