support for plug-up fido-U2F Security Key

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: U2F Support is Overdue

Postby waynelance175 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:32 am

I made my above post last night as a new topic in the Feedback forum and now it's been tacked onto the end of this long four-year-old thread. I thought the topic deserved a revisit, given the fairly recent development that it's natively supported in Firefox now, but LastPass moderators apparently see it as just another post on the same old topic. Seems consistent with the company's attitude toward U2F in general. I doubt we'll be getting our wish any time soon. I suppose they have other development priorities and this one stays in the backlog.
waynelance175

Re: support for plug-up fido-U2F Security Key

Postby mrken151 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:15 pm

Looks like Google and Amazon joined the FIDO board. FIDO2 is coming soon. If Lastpass decides it does not want to support FIDO , I feel it will be left behind.

http://virtual-strategy.com/2018/05/30/ ... n-1h-2018/
mrken151

Why do we still not have support for u2f capable keys?

Postby jimmiebtlr940 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:19 pm

I understand that firefox or whatever browser may not still support it. I really don't care, it's been a over 2 years since the functionality landed.
jimmiebtlr940

Postby straydog » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:27 pm

I am letting my premium account expire and only will renew after LP give support to U2F
straydog

Postby larry330 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:17 pm

LastPass was at the forefront supporting Yubikey's, but now we have Dashlane which is supporting U2F. The time has arrived to take your 2FA support to the next level. Count me in on requesting this feature.
larry330

Postby nibor26 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:00 pm

+1 for FIDO/U2F support.
As Google Authenticator still has risk of MitM attack.
Also can have 3 keys, one on keyring, one in safe at home and one in family member safe so I can always get in.

Previous excuse of only Chrome supporting it is now not valid - MS Edge does:
https://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/201 ... soft-edge/
nibor26

Postby cleanshooter885 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:38 am

I just got a couple of Yubico Security Keys from a friend as a gift. I gave one to my wife and got them hooked up to our email. I was hoping that they'd work with Lastpass as well so I bought Lastpass Family so I could share it with my wife and use the premium features... BUT turns out the key I have isn't supported yet. :(

I hope that the more people that bump this feature request the more likely it will be added.
cleanshooter885

Postby Bilkins » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:15 pm

Another vote for Fido U2F support, it's a shame this hasn't yet been implemented.
Bilkins

Postby PtangPtang » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:00 pm

"Shocking", not "a shame". It's the standard supported by more than one vendor.

It looks an awful lot like the restriction to the proprietary bits of Yubico is down to selling only those keys, i.e. money.
PtangPtang

Postby HarryPNyce » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:23 pm

What's going on with this situation, we're still voting to request increased security? Seriously? I couldn't imagine my life without LastPass, please please PLEASE don't make me find out what that would actually be like. When can we use a Titan Security Key, based on FIDO <https://fidoalliance.org/> standards?? What alternatives do we have at this point. Dashlane? Or where is everybody else going who takes security seriously?
https://cloud.google.com/blog/products/ ... ogle-store

>> Also, Google says that it has been working with Yubico and NXP to develop security keys to be used inside Google. Since it began requiring security keys as a second factor for employees, Google had no reported or confirmed account takeovers following phishing attacks.
HarryPNyce

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests