support for plug-up fido-U2F Security Key

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: support for plug-up fido-U2F Security Key

Postby sd56 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:46 pm

For everyone looking for FIDO2 support, there is a work around that may help you:

Until LastPass support this natively, you can now use FIDO2 keys in Duo (supported in both Firefox and Chrome). Your Duo account can then be used as the MFA option in Duo (make sure to set Use Duo Web SDK when possible to yes in the Duo MFA options in LastPass).

And hey, presto, FIDO2 MFA is enabled for LastPass
sd56

Postby nogridbag » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:15 am

Is there any official ETA on this?
nogridbag

Postby Triboman » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:42 pm

Would like to ask for Titan support
Triboman

Postby sanm969 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:16 am

+1 for requesting Google Titan key support .. LastPass is my digital vault and needs to be the most secure .. More robust security key support is really central to making this app secure
sanm969

Postby muteki » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:35 am

This thread was started 5 years ago and U2F is still not available... Unbelievable!
I signed up for Premium yesterday because I just received a Yubikey and was considering using U2F. I guess I should have read a bit more before signing up. Lesson learned.
muteki

Postby mbmihzlryd » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:29 pm

+1 for U2F support. LastPass is a great service, but seriously lagging behind the competition in this regard. Would not have bought a subscription if I had realized U2F was lacking.
mbmihzlryd

Postby callit » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:40 am

Dashlane now supports this, however, their annual pricing is a bit more expensive at $60/year, and they seem more predatory with their requirement to have a paid account to store more than 50 passwords. Tradeoffs I suppose, it depends on what's most important to you. Others support as well (1Password, Keeper, BitWarden) and Yubico has a list of others on their website.

125 posts later and LastPass still has no official stance on this that I can find. Neat.

I'm seeing more sites start to adopt U2F, especially high-security sites and services. It's time to step up LastPass. A password manager should definitely be high security.
callit

Previous

Return to Feature Requests