Login data unique to current network location

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Login data unique to current network location

Postby dyerseve » Wed May 20, 2015 2:57 pm

If such a thing already exists, forgive me and point me to a how to. Also if this just isn't feasible I can understand since I'm not certain how best to implement this, but I'm no expert at these things.

I work on-site IT and frequently find myself logging in to things like routers on ip addresses such as 192.168.1.1
Saving these passwords is semi-pointless as when I later try at a different location, it suggests the other customer's login details.
I could save them all and give them unique names, but over time the 192.168.1.1 alone would probably start to reach a hundred logins or so.

I was thinking it would be nice if the lastpass toolbar could detect based on the internal and external ip scheme where it is and then suggest the proper entry for these common addresses. Dynamic WAN ip addresses through a slight wrench in this plan, but maybe you guys could come up with a better way to isolate the location.
dyerseve

Re: Login data unique to current network location

Postby dyerseve » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:16 pm

The more I think about this, I'm guessing it'll never happen, it would only really work for a location with a static wan ip address. I can still save my network ip passwords with a descriptive name to differentiate between one or another. For now that's what I'll have to do if I really want to save these.
dyerseve

Return to Feature Requests