Passcode Lock for LastPass Mobile

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Passcode Lock for LastPass Mobile

Postby JDR » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:15 am

Hi,

I'm finding the lastpass iPhone application extremely useful, but the security ramifications of leaving it logged in trouble me. My lastpass password is fairly complex and is a hassle to enter every time I start the mobile application.

I recently started using the mint.com iPhone application and love the passcode feature they implemented to protect the application. Basically you must enter your user and password to have the application retrieve information from your mint.com account, but they also added an option to enter a passcode. This way the application stays logged in, so I don't have to enter the complex password every time, but I must enter a 4 digit unlock code when the application starts. The feature is identical to the passcode required to unlock the device and adds a nice additional layer of security for my mint.com account information.

Could a feature like this be added to the lastpass mobile applications?
JDR

Re: Passcode Lock for LastPass Mobile

Postby JoeSiegrist » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:35 pm

It's funny, Apple's documentation explicitly tells you not to do this, that the right way is the built in locking device for the iPhone -- we were worried that doing this would violate their user guidelines. If others are doing this I suppose we can give it a go...
JoeSiegrist

Re: Passcode Lock for LastPass Mobile

Postby JDR » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:45 pm

Hi,

The mint.com application makes the feature optional and disabled by default. The first time you start the mint application a dialog box urges you to enable the feature for added security. Perhaps this was done to get around the apple policies you mentioned?
JDR

Return to Feature Requests