Hide/Obfuscate "Notes" field

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Hide/Obfuscate "Notes" field

Postby pizzapizza » Tue May 05, 2015 12:25 am

For many sites I have additional information that I may wish to store but that also needs to be kept secure, such as the PIN for my ATM card or even a verbal password that I use for phone conversations.

Since there's no other great place to put these at the moment they end up in the notes field, which means they are visible by default every time I open the edit screen.

It would be really nice if the notes field could be hidden by default and include a "show" button, just like the password field.
Last edited by pizzapizza on Tue May 05, 2015 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
pizzapizza

Re: Hide/Ofuscate "Notes" field

Postby jpenny84 » Tue May 05, 2015 12:36 am

You can configure individual notes to require you to enter your master password.
jpenny84

Re: Hide/Ofuscate "Notes" field

Postby pizzapizza » Tue May 05, 2015 2:23 am

jpenny84 Wrote:You can configure individual notes to require you to enter your master password.

Thanks, I'm familiar with that feature. However, it doesn't really solve the problem of showing sensitive information on screen.

In my job I do a lot of remote work and for several reasons we save and archive recordings of those sessions. If I open an entry everything from the notes field would then be recorded and available for both the customers and anyone in my company to see in the future.

Would it be possible to (optionally?) mask the notes field just like the password field?

As an aside, such masking would also make me feel much more comfortable with using secure notes, since the generic secure note doesn't contain any masked fields.

For example, I need to store the password for a protected archive somewhere but there's no secure note type for an archive.

Ideally I would prefer a secure note type that has fields for a password and notes, but if the notes field on the generic secure note were hidden by default I could leave the password there and not worry about accidentally showing in on screen.
pizzapizza

Re: Hide/Obfuscate "Notes" field

Postby fr » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:01 am

Bump.
This would be a great enterprise/premium feature.
When I have to share a certain password with certain employees, I wish to be able to keep the password and the notes hidden/locked from them.
This needs to be in enterprise!
fr

Postby sixd5gto » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:22 pm

I concur. I'm migrating from Passpack where the notes were obfuscated. Please add!
sixd5gto

Postby james243 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:30 am

I agree, this is something that needs to be added. I manage a small team for my website, and there are things that I want to store in the notes field. I don't want anyone else to see these notes, but at the moment there is no way to hide them so I avoid putting them in.
james243

Return to Feature Requests