LastPass on BB

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

LastPass on BB

Postby adamlau » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:45 am

Works great, even on the latest OS 5 betas. A superb concept that can be improved upon by enabling it as a password keeper.

1. Backspacing out of LastPass should close it (as with Keepass for BB). Setting a timeout is simply not secure enough.
2. Key focus should be on [Enter] at the login screen.
3. Option to hide the 'Name:' field. The title already indicates the name, reduce redundancy.
4. Option to hide 'Group:' field.
5. Option to hide the 'URL:' field.
6. option to set read-only for Internet syncs. Helps to prevent accidental modifications.
7. option to hide the 'Notes:' title as it only serves to indent the first line of a multi-line note making notes harder to read.
8. Allow for subgroups for detailed sorting
9. When adding sites to an Identity, ability to mark those sites as belonging to an Identity. Else, similarly named entries (Citibank Account, Chase Credit Card) for seperate individuals become difficult to sort into the appropriate Identity. The workaround is to move similarly named items into distinct groups (i.e. Adam Banking, Tina Banking), but this becomes tedious and viewing an Identity list of:

Adam Banking
Adam Credit Cards
Adam identification

..is not as 'clean' as simply:

Banking
Credit Cards
Identification
adamlau

Re: LastPass on BB

Postby drew » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:04 am

adamlau Wrote:Works great, even on the latest OS 5 betas. A superb concept that can be improved upon by enabling it as a password keeper.

Thanks, we actually will have a version with new functionality for BlackBerry OS 5.0 that includes browser integration.

adamlau Wrote:1. Backspacing out of LastPass should close it (as with Keepass for BB). Setting a timeout is simply not secure enough.

This was originally how it worked, but users clamored for the current method, as it became too easy to accidentally close the app. I'd recommend using the Password Reprompt on Activate feature to keep it secure even when it's open in the background.

adamlau Wrote:2. Key focus should be on [Enter] at the login screen.

I'm not sure I know what [Enter] is, but I believe we already do focus correctly... If there's no email or password saved, we focus on email. If there's an email but no password saved, we focus on password. If both are saved, we focus on Login.

adamlau Wrote:3. Option to hide the 'Name:' field. The title already indicates the name, reduce redundancy.
4. Option to hide 'Group:' field.
5. Option to hide the 'URL:' field.
6. option to set read-only for Internet syncs. Helps to prevent accidental modifications.
7. option to hide the 'Notes:' title as it only serves to indent the first line of a multi-line note making notes harder to read.

Thanks, we'll take these into consideration.

adamlau Wrote:8. Allow for subgroups for detailed sorting

We currently allow subgroups, but it's perhaps not as intuitive as it could be. You need to separate the group and subgroup with a \ (backslash) character. For example, if you want a site or secure note to be under group home and subgroup financial, you'd make its group "home\financial". You can take it as many levels as you'd like (i.e. "home\financial\credit cards").

adamlau Wrote:9. When adding sites to an Identity, ability to mark those sites as belonging to an Identity. Else, similarly named entries (Citibank Account, Chase Credit Card) for seperate individuals become difficult to sort into the appropriate Identity. The workaround is to move similarly named items into distinct groups (i.e. Adam Banking, Tina Banking), but this becomes tedious and viewing an Identity list of:

Adam Banking
Adam Credit Cards
Adam identification

..is not as 'clean' as simply:

Banking
Credit Cards
Identification

I'm not sure I understand this one... When adding a site or secure note, we currently add it to the currently selected identity (if there is one selected).

Drew
drew

Return to Feature Requests