Vote For What New Features are Most Important To You

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

What 3 New Features Are Most Important To You?

iPhone support
6%
Support for your other Windows application passwords
10%
Safari support
2%
Blackberry support
1%
Multi-factor authentication (secureid,cards,SMS/phone,fingerprint,other?)
10%
Google Chrome support
8%
Google Android support
6%
Windows Mobile support
1%
Login synchronization between Firefox , Internet Explorer, and LastPass Pocket
4%
Opera support
1%
Support for multiple profiles (work/home/travel)
6%
Autologout of websites (reverse of Autologin)
4%
Autofill secure questions (mother's maiden name)
6%
Versioning/Rollback support
3%
Wildcard/Regex support for URL matching
6%
Bookmark/Favorite support
5%
Disposable Email Addresses
7%
Other - please post your feature so we can include it in this list
14%

Total votes : 5585

Re: Vote For What New Features are Most Important To You

Postby benphane » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:42 am

oooocanada Wrote:Not many people selected this option... "Wildcard/Regex support for URL matching".
Why? I think it's because only few people understand what it means. For those who wonder what it is... an example from Ironkey (http://www.ironkey.com):

Can only vote for three. The logic escapes me. Should have been no limit. Should have been a separate forum with specific rules for posting desired features individually, with up/down discussion.
benphane

Postby KeithBlue » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:16 am

LastPass is a great product, generally very easy to use. I'm evangelizing it to friends & family.

I second the motion for site URL matching via wildcards -- or better yet something that makes it easy to survive the changes in login urls by site developers. (I myself am a longtime software developer, fyi.) For example, as someone else noted, I don't care if they add another querystring to the site URL. I want to be able to say "http://newegg.com/" and have it match "all sites on this domain" or something. This would include "http://www.newegg.com/*" and so on. Even would LOVE it if I had an option to extend "http://newegg.com" to "https://*.newegg.com/*" -- meaning that I have a SINGLE SET of login credentials across all NewEgg.com sites.

You will HAVE to do this -- imho -- if you want to reach the long tail of consumers. Mom & Dad & aunt & uncle don't have time or the skills to deal with the variations in URLs. Make this the default if possible and offer customizations or advanced control to those of us who need to delve in.

Thanks for considering this & thanks also for a great product. Keith
KeithBlue

Postby Labyrintho » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:30 pm

(1) support for other Windows applications
(2) multi-factor support (e.g., Paypal security key, as well as Yubikey)
(3) phone support--I use Windows Mobile now, but wish I didn't, so I'm not sure whether to vote for it or not.....

A couple other suggestions: automatically randomly moving/rocking virtual keyboard (sort of like capcha, but for keyboards); and proxy or even remote desktop-like service in which people trust you more than, e.g., their Beijing or Tehran internet cafe PC, when it comes to forwarding the various static website passwords to the corresponding sites (I'm not educated enough to know how to phrase this suggestion correctly and precisely, but I think you know what I mean: keep particularly any static password content away from any untrusted, compromised machine, even as one uses the untrusted machine to surf the web, securely log in, do some banking, check confidential mail, log out--even if there are keyboard/clipboard sniffers, screen capturers, a tampered-with browser, etc.--somehow. :| )

Great product--thanks! I hope to go pro soon. :)
Labyrintho

Multi-Open

Postby jafo » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:31 pm

Depending upon the task at hand, I may need 4 or 5 windows open (and logged into).

My request - Multi-Open

Let me identify a group of sites that all open and login at the same time.

Project X
- site 1
- site 2
- site 3
- site 4

if I login to Project X, LP logs me into site1..site4.

Thanks.
jafo

Postby drew » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:21 pm

If you put all the sites into the same LastPass group, you can then go to LastPass -> My LastPass Vault, right-click the group, and choose Open All.

Drew
drew

Postby wmcneil » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:12 am

JoeSiegrist Wrote:
jwemery Wrote:One feature I'd like to see is a random password generator integrated into the software. I would like to be able to set a 20 character random password for every site I login to and then just have lastpass save them. I know I can do this manually, but seems like it would be easy to include.

This already exists... LastPass Icon -> Tools -> Generate Password

Actually...NO, it does NOT exist for those not using Firefox or IExplorer. How about a password generator bookmarklet for the rest of us? (Like us speed-demons who use Opera or Chrome and don't want to put up with bloated Firefox or the bloated AND lame IExplorer.) ;)

Work like you don't need the money,
Love like you've never been hurt, and
Dance like no one is watching.
wmcneil

Postby jafo » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:09 am

drew Wrote:If you put all the sites into the same LastPass group, you can then go to LastPass -> My LastPass Vault, right-click the group, and choose Open All.

Drew

Awesome. Thanks.
jafo

Postby jafo » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:04 pm

Drew -

I love the ability to open all records under a category. However, depending on the task, I may want to login to sites that appear under different categories. Two independent tasks may share certain logins, but I can only put each login under 1 category. I want to create task groups (grouping logins by task). What about "virtual" groupings so I can put the same logins under multiple categories/task groupings (and subsequently open them all task related logins at once)?

Here is the example:

I have 2 tasks that require login to multiple places. There is overlap between groups and logins for these two tasks.

Task 1 -
requires login to sites A, B, D, & E

Task 2 -
requires login to sites C, D & E

So, you can see that I need to login to sites D and E for both tasks.

"A" might be a financial site login
"B" might be a corporate business site login
"C" might be a research site login

Right now, I have 12 financial logins and they are all grouped under "Finance". There is never a need (task) that requires me opening all 12 at once. But, as each login can only belong to a single category, "Finance" is the best way to group them.

I want to group by task.

Virtual Groups would solve this problem.

This would save a lot of time.

Finally, I would like to share a virtual group, too.

Thanks!
jafo

Postby Ceazar77 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:00 pm

+1 for virtual groupings. Also, templates for non-web based passwords would be nice (like SPB wallet). Alarm codes, software serial numbers, and licence numbers are a few of the things that would be usefull to store. Notes work ok, but a more elegent implementation would be nice.
Ceazar77

Postby mdierker » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:27 am

1. iPhone support
2. Multi-factor authentication - it would be great if multi-factor authentication could be limited to certain web sites of my choosing so that only the one that need "extra" security require two-factor authentication
3. Support for multiple profiles (work/home/travel) (might make sense to combine with feature request above...)

Keep up the great work!
mdierker

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests