Vote For What New Features are Most Important To You

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

What 3 New Features Are Most Important To You?

iPhone support
6%
Support for your other Windows application passwords
10%
Safari support
2%
Blackberry support
1%
Multi-factor authentication (secureid,cards,SMS/phone,fingerprint,other?)
10%
Google Chrome support
8%
Google Android support
6%
Windows Mobile support
1%
Login synchronization between Firefox , Internet Explorer, and LastPass Pocket
4%
Opera support
1%
Support for multiple profiles (work/home/travel)
6%
Autologout of websites (reverse of Autologin)
4%
Autofill secure questions (mother's maiden name)
6%
Versioning/Rollback support
3%
Wildcard/Regex support for URL matching
6%
Bookmark/Favorite support
5%
Disposable Email Addresses
7%
Other - please post your feature so we can include it in this list
14%

Total votes : 5585

Re: Vote For What New Features are Most Important To You

Postby steeldestroyer » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:06 pm

incoherent Wrote:Currently you're forced to have e.g. the same account security settings wherever you access LastPass.
Profiles could enable you to have different requirements @ different locations (e.g. using IP ranges or something)...

• Home: MP only.
  • Work: MP + OTP via Yubikey.
  • Friends house: MP + OTP via SMS.
  • Public: MP + OTP via Yubikey + OTP via SMS. (Your default maximum security setup.)

I second this. This would be a killer feature.
steeldestroyer

Postby cooleydd » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:34 pm

I would like the ability to have a Master password to access the Vault and a different password to access the URL's. I know this sounds like a lot of passwords but in case of a home (with kids using the same computer) or even an office - it might be handy.
cooleydd

Add a PIN with Yubikey

Postby sj3vans » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:46 am

incoherent Wrote:Currently you're forced to have e.g. the same account security settings wherever you access LastPass.
Profiles could enable you to have different requirements @ different locations (e.g. using IP ranges or something)...

• Home: MP only.
  • Work: MP + OTP via Yubikey.
  • Friends house: MP + OTP via SMS.
  • Public: MP + OTP via Yubikey + OTP via SMS. (Your default maximum security setup.)

(Note, username is also presented with the above in each case...more on that later)

I love this idea with one addition: Support the use of a PIN or secondary password *other than* your master password. That reserves use of the master password for secure locations. Perhaps the PIN can only be used to access, not to edit or view passwords. In this way, even if someone uses a key logger or screen logger to capture the username, PIN, and OTP, they cannot use the PIN to login even if they disable the OTP or on a fresh install of the LastPass add-on. So, your maximum security setup might be:

[*]Public: username + OTP via Yubikey + OTP via SMS + PIN (entered only after validation of the OTP's).

Although, I do not really see the need for both a Yubikey and SMS. One OTP is sufficient. Having more than one OTP starts to deviate from the fine line of usability versus security. The reason I like the Yubikey is because it is a strong OTP without the need for me to type in the OTP (which is tedious and error prone.) So I would probably use this for my strongest security posture:

[*]Public: OTP via Yubikey + PIN

This satisfies 2-factor authentication very well: Something I have (Yubikey), Something I know (PIN)

Also, notice I did not include the username. Since the first characters of the Yubikey are static and tied to a specific token, these can be tied to a specific LastPass account and used in place of the username further reducing exposure of sensitive info; namely your email address.

Thanks for a GREAT product. I continue to eagerly await your new innovations!
sj3vans

Postby jrfaust » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:39 am

bob Wrote:danmcco - We do support multiple credit cards. Simply add as many as you like by choose the 'Add Credit Card' under the Fill Forms category.

Bob

Bob - I'd like to be able to add multiple credit cards within each profile. It looks like it adds a new profile when you select "Add Credit Card".

Thanks,
Jim
jrfaust

Postby JDR » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:27 pm

1. support for verisign VIP for iPhone as an alternative to yukikey is on the top of my list
2. Forget the native iPhone support, focus on the approach google is taking w/gmail mobile support on andriod and iphone. A mobile web app for the vault of the same capability as rich client would be enough.
3. Native chrome support would be third on my list.
JDR

Postby bmb » Sat May 02, 2009 7:56 pm

You have a lot of good features on the list but I would add one more.
1) LastPass works well with both Firefox and IE, but I prefer Firefox but have some websites that do not work well under it so I use another addin called IEtab which launches IE in a firefox tab. The problem is that lastpass does not work on the IEtab (although it will work in either program on that site). I would like it if last pass would work with the IEtab addon.

The other two that I would rand would be
2) the multi Login feature so I can use my fingerprint reader
3) Bookmark/favorite support (I would also add support for being able to syncronise add-ons (both programs and their settings if possible))
bmb

Postby Ze_d » Sat May 16, 2009 4:53 am

I would like to see support for Symbian S60.
Ze_d

Postby MR-LostPass » Tue May 19, 2009 12:43 pm

I would be very happy about this feature for the future:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7259

I think the own finger is one of the best masterpasswords!

Greetings MR-LostPass
MR-LostPass

Postby lip11 » Thu May 28, 2009 10:10 pm

Please, whatever you do, keep it simple. So many great software systems (unix, etc...) started out great because they worked wonderfully, and wonderfully simple. New features are fine, but keep it clean.

Lastpass is the greatest piece of SW I've seen in a long time.

Thanks!
lip11

Postby oooocanada » Sun May 31, 2009 1:36 pm

Not many people selected this option... "Wildcard/Regex support for URL matching".
Why? I think it's because only few people understand what it means. For those who wonder what it is... an example from Ironkey (www.ironkey.com):

oooocanada

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests