Vote For What New Features are Most Important To You

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

What 3 New Features Are Most Important To You?

iPhone support
6%
Support for your other Windows application passwords
10%
Safari support
2%
Blackberry support
1%
Multi-factor authentication (secureid,cards,SMS/phone,fingerprint,other?)
10%
Google Chrome support
8%
Google Android support
6%
Windows Mobile support
1%
Login synchronization between Firefox , Internet Explorer, and LastPass Pocket
4%
Opera support
1%
Support for multiple profiles (work/home/travel)
6%
Autologout of websites (reverse of Autologin)
4%
Autofill secure questions (mother's maiden name)
6%
Versioning/Rollback support
3%
Wildcard/Regex support for URL matching
6%
Bookmark/Favorite support
5%
Disposable Email Addresses
7%
Other - please post your feature so we can include it in this list
14%

Total votes : 5310

Re: Vote For What New Features are Most Important To You

Postby chris » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:25 pm

Voted other also.
I agree 100 % with Gerry because I think that before you add fancy features, you should really reconsider your security approach.
Basically the user can not know what is being sent to your servers and needs to rely upon trust... that is a huge drawback.
It doesn't matter weather you are commercial or not: sony with there rootkits or AT&T wiretap scandal... leads me to believe you can't trust anyone! Especially when it comes to private personal sensitive data information (passwords, credit cards num, banking accounts...). I don't care who you are, what I care about is my security and my freedom. Adding a "local only" feature or going open source should solve this problem.
I would love to use your product but as of right now I just can't until you do something about these concerns.

Chris
chris

Postby paulceaston » Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:35 pm

Palm OS support, an app (for offline access) would be nice, but even a Web site that would support a Palm OS browser would be a step forward and would allow me to to ditch Roboform.
paulceaston

Postby Richrf » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:51 am

We've made multiple attempts to reach out to Opera, and they've completely ignored us. Their extension support and documentation is not robust enough to make something as complicated as LastPass possible, so without their participation Opera's not going to happen -- If you want Opera, you're going to have to start asking on their forums.

Understood. But you talking about creating a plugin right?

While you might not be able to create a plugin for Opera, you should really consider allowing exporting passwords from Opera's password manager (Wand). Even better is if you could export passwords from Lastpass back to Opera just as you can do it for Firefox's password manager now. This might not be as good as a plugin, but it's still good enough.

Personally I would just be happy with being able to export passwords from Opera into Lastpass.

I have spent a happy couple of days consolidating my passwords from various accounts/profiles on various machines (chiefly firefox, some internet explorer, some keepass etc).

But Opera is really really difficult to do, even if you want to do it manually,as there are no good way to see (much less export) the list of passwords in Wand.

The method here only works if you have a small number of passwords. In fact the only real solution seems to be commercial which is ridiculous for such a basic function!

I personally think Lastpass's main killer feature is that it automatically imports passwords from Firefox and Internet explorer (You can do it with Passpack but you need to manually do it). This makes it a lot easier for the average users to migrate. I'm typical of most users I have passwords stored all over the place, and Lastpass just makes it so easy to combine them all...

So please support more ways to import passwords from Opera, Safari, Google Chrome, Maxthon etc, as many browsers/applications as possible. It doesn't have to be automatic (like with IE and Firefox), but it helps...

Being able to export the results back into browser's password manager would be great too, but I understand why you wouldn't like to do this.

But if you support these two functions for a browser, it would be as good as spending time on building a plugin which would be a lot more complicated...
Richrf

Postby Richrf » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:09 am

Better importing functions.

I would like to request the ability to import passwords into specific groups. It's like i have a bunch of stuff from firefox's password manager on one computer.

Then i import another bunch from another computer and it is all mixed up, which is irritating since often i want to separate them, either for long term use, or in the short term to review them.

Ideally i want to be able to import then into another group like say "Firefox on computer x". Or maybe "Firefox passwords imported on 25th dec 2008)".

I think also when adding passwords, it would be nice if LastPast would give a smart default name based on the user name and not just domain.

For instance, many of us have multiple gmail accounts, it would be nice if the default name was GOOGLE (XXXX) where XXXX is the data that is gotten from the user field. This would make it easy to see at a glance not only the domain, but also user account.

This would be an option, since some users might not want to show the user name in the list.
Richrf

Postby jarle@hallingstad.me » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:40 am

Yes please, Safari support :-)
jarle@hallingstad.me

Postby DanHonemann » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:37 am

Agree with Gerry and Chris, I'm afraid, although I've taken a more flexible stance: I use lastpass for forums and other sites that, should they be compromised, wouldn't cost me much. I simply can't feel comfortable using lastpass for banking and other financial sites--nor recommending it to family and friends--until there is trustworthy third party confirmation that all information is securely encrypted.
DanHonemann

Postby wdtrenker » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:23 pm

Open all sites in a given group with a single click. (See: http://forums.lastpass.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1789)
wdtrenker

Postby pneely » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:35 am

Hi, could you add "search full text in notes" to the list of features that are most important? I didn't see it there but think it's very important, and I notice a few other users have said the same in the forums. Thanks.
pneely

Postby mstam1616 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:44 pm

I would like to have submenu's in the Lastpass pulldown like so:

Sites
|-----Work
------------|-----Email
------------|-----Support
|-----School
------------|---- email
------------|---- etc

I would also like to have my favorites easier to access - maybe put them on the same level as the main menu, or maybe 1 level in like so

Sites
Favorites
-----|--- Fav1
-----|--- Fav2

Or

Sites
Tools
Help
------
Fav1
Fav2

Maybe you could consider in compact mode having a second icon to store / access the favorites so they are easier to get at.

Thanks for a great product. I am almost convinced to leave roboform.

Groups within groups would be very helpful in organizing our many many logins.
mstam1616

Postby JoeSiegrist » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:27 am

mstam1616 Wrote:I would like to have submenu's in the Lastpass pulldown

1.45 will have subgroups based on the "\" character indicating a subgroup
JoeSiegrist

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests